Ick ! Coppersafe W/pleco & Corys ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Faythee

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I've used Mardel Coppersafe before and it worked well. This time however I have Corys and a BN Plec in the tank. Is it harmful to them ?

First I noticed a spot on a Tetra's belly looked pink. Today it is red and he is hanging around up top in the plants away from the others. Then, I see what could be a few white spots on my Ram. Then, I noticed a couple of my Corys, their fins look ragged.

This all just popped up ! This tank has been nothing but trouble for me :(. Other tanks fine.....just THIS ONE !

I'm thinking to remove plants, ......look bad anyway. Clean gravel good. Add Coppersafe and Maracyn2. Unless anybody has a better suggestion

:shout:

I just seen 1 tetra have red poop. Not the one with the red belly, a different one. The one with the red near the belly....it is actually near the pectoral fins, vent area. I have never heard of this. Any clue ?

I would treat with just the coppersafe and keep the water clean. It may be harder on the pleco and cories but it shouldn't cause any permeate damage. I've treated cories w/ it before and have had good results and the fish didn't seem stressed at all.

As for the red poo, did you feed them blood worms or any other red colored food?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back