I Think They've Bred!

I hope they do hatch :)

So, what do you do if one looks iffy, do you just get rid of it and everything else should be fine or does it mean more eggs will also be iffy?

Would it be possible to post a picture of your corys eggs, so i can compare with mine? :look:

Cheers,
Imogen :flowers:

Okay so they didnt hatch.. They have laid again so fingers crossed :flowers: , but is it possible the male could be firing blanks? -_-

Anythings possible...

Eggs might not hatch if handled incorrectly,exposed to the air to long etc etc...

Good luck with the eggs this time :good:

My eggs all but 2 had hatched by the time i seen your post :rolleyes:

FINALLY.. eggs have hatched!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

The parents spawned on the 8th of january and they hatched yesterday (the 12th - my birthday :cake: )..
There are about 15 fry which i have tried attempted to feed liqufry and in there box there is some java moss `and some sand :)

Fab news :hyper: :good:

Go very careful with the liquidfry,it can pollute the water quite badly. Do little water changes (using the tank water) in the tub daily to keep the stats good.
I would only use the liquidfry for a few days then change to finely crushed flakes. :)

My albinos spawned on the 9th and they hatched this morning :)

Great news for both of us then! I was really suprised to find the fry, i was just about to get rid of them as they looked abit 'odd' and just as i was lifting the net out of the tank about 20 fry all swam out from under the lining of the mesh. I was SO SO SO PLEASED :yahoo:

how many cory do ou have now then?

cheers
Imogen

I'm glad they hatched for you,hardest part is rearing... :rolleyes:

Between the tanks i have 100's of albino/bronze fry,too many to count atm :rolleyes: :lol: and 2 panda fry which hatched a few days ago,others are 15 Trilineatus ( 8 being off-spring from last year)6 skunks,6 pandas,6 blacks,6 gold lasers,3 albinos & 18 pygmys :)

I'm yearning to get some green lasers,but space is a bit tight at the mo :lol:

I'm glad they hatched for you,hardest part is rearing... :rolleyes:

Between the tanks i have 100's of albino/bronze fry,too many to count atm :rolleyes: :lol: and 2 panda fry which hatched a few days ago,others are 15 Trilineatus ( 8 being off-spring from last year)6 skunks,6 pandas,6 blacks,6 gold lasers,3 albinos & 18 pygmys :)

I'm yearning to get some green lasers,but space is a bit tight at the mo :lol:

Wow! Harlequins thats a whole lot'a cory!! I see your mentioned
I'm glad they hatched for you,hardest part is rearing...
Have you any recommendations on how best to rear them? What have you found work best when rearing them.. Sorry if i'm bugging you but i need your knowledge! :) sorry.. :)

Ohh Green lasers, I'm also waiting for some tanks space in my main tank for a bunch, they a so pretty :wub:

Cheers,
Imogen :)

my birthdays on the 9th :blush: your corys where spawning while i was having my 21st party! Rearing them is deffo the hard part good luck i only managed to raise 2 of mine to certain adulthood. I love cories :good:

my birthdays on the 9th :blush: your corys where spawning while i was having my 21st party! Rearing them is deffo the hard part good luck i only managed to raise 2 of mine to certain adulthood. I love cories :good:

Haha, well happy birthday for last sunday :cake:

eeh, im worried about raising (or attemting to) these cory now.. I'm guessing its a death senence for them..

Haha, well happy birthday for last sunday :cake:

eeh, im worried about raising (or attemting to) these cory now.. I'm guessing its a death senence for them..

Thank you, was up untill 10am sunday morning drinking i spent my birthday with a hangover haha! Just keep on top of stuff, my first batch of fry ended up eating my third cos i put them all in the same tank and i think i got a bit lazy with house keeping so i ended up with 2, they are healthy as anything though!

Okay so fry are about 4 days old and there are about 10 i can findin the net. They have either infurosa from java moss, Liquifry or baby daphnia availible to munch on! I just have a few questions on raising the fry, if you don't mind..?

1. should they be eating finely crushed fish flakes now or are they still to young?

2. how many months till they are big enough to add to the parents tank without being eaten?

3. What temperature is best for raising the fry?

Cheers,
Imogen :flowers:

1- i feed mine powdered flakes from the beginning and has they get bigger i also add crushed mini granules.

2- Depends how fast they grow but i would say minimum 8-10 wks

3- Temp best around 22-24 degrees,my fry tank averages out at around 23 degrees.

1- i feed mine powdered flakes from the beginning and has they get bigger i also add crushed mini granules.

2- Depends how fast they grow but i would say minimum 8-10 wks

3- Temp best around 22-24 degrees,my fry tank averages out at around 23 degrees.
I absolutely love the picture of your black and albino Corys I have about 6 different types in my main tank a 150 gallon.
I like the look of the sand I use river rock it ranges in size from pea to 3" pieces.
My cats love rooting between the rocks for the food

Most reactions

Back