I think my cycle broke....

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Not only is it removable, but they sell replacements for a reason...they clog over time, and restrict water flow...especially with hard tap water/mineral deposits in the source water...let her know you guys will have improved flow ;)
I will say I'll clean the aerator weekly so we don't have to change it out as much as usual. Every water change I'd clean that. I would rather clean up that than lug buckets and clean water on floors.

I will say I'll clean the aerator weekly so we don't have to change it out as much as usual. Every water change I'd clean that. I would rather clean up that than lug buckets and clean water on floors.
Yes...the bucket method is no fun, to put it mildly...much easier to match temps with a hose, as well

Yes...the bucket method is no fun, to put it mildly...much easier to match temps with a hose, as well
Also, we had some winter storms.... There was ice EVRYWHERE... I cant add that hose water too the tank... The fish would enter into a shock... And I could fall and crack my head on that ice going in and out with buckets... Its something I need to talk with my parents about.

My parents agreed to ordering the fish! My LPS phone was busy so im waiting rn...

Just ordered up 3 peacock gudgeons! They even said that they ordered up extra just in case some didn't make it
Congrats

Don't fret over the cycling issues; the fish you will have will not produce anywhere near 2 PPM of ammonia...just monitor params for several days after adding fish, and perform WC's if/as necessary

Congrats

Don't fret over the cycling issues; the fish you will have will not produce anywhere near 2 PPM of ammonia...just monitor params for several days after adding fish, and perform WC's if/as necessary
I definitely will. I will also pick up some food. For the first week, I wont do any frozen foods, just pellets for now. I added 1ppm of amm just too see how the tank would do. Then on tuesday I will do a large water change

I definitely will. I will also pick up some food. For the first week, I wont do any frozen foods, just pellets for now. I added 1ppm of amm just too see how the tank would do. Then on tuesday I will do a large water change
Get a good quality flake food as well, Omega One or New Life Spectrum are nice choices

Get a good quality flake food as well, Omega One or New Life Spectrum are nice choices
Im getting the fluval bug bite pellets, the slow sinking ones

I've been gone a few weeks....and boy am I glad this is finally over 🥳

Those are good, but mostly protein....find a flake with spiriluna mixed in
I wanted to stay away from flakes because ive heard fish get bloated when they swallow it with air... And plus, their botom feeders so flakes wouldnt do them any good really...

I wanted to stay away from flakes because ive heard fish get bloated when they swallow it with air... And plus, their botom feeders so flakes wouldnt do them any good really...
Unless there is a pellet my lps sells that has spiriluna

Nah, and yes, bottom feeders enjoy flakes as much as any other fish

Most reactions

Back