I think I'll run for president

We will steal President Whistling Badger's thunder and retool our air force with Tiger Moths and elegant, deadly and kinda slow nowadays Spitfires.

We will steal President Whistling Badger's thunder and retool our air force with Tiger Moths and elegant, deadly and kinda slow nowadays Spitfires.
Wait, isn't that what the Canadian Airforce is already using? :lol:

Are you forgetting the most beautiful and elegant aircraft ever ? The DeHaviland Tiger Moth .
Well, that's why I said "one of." But when it comes to WWI aircraft, I'm more of a Sopwith Camel kind of guy.

Well, that's why I said "one of." But when it comes to WWI aircraft, I'm more of a Sopwith Camel kind of guy.
The Tiger Moth wasnā€™t WWI it was later and used as an RAF trainer prior to WWII . The Sopwith Camel couldnā€™t hold a candle to the Spad XIII . Now letā€™s move up to Korea . Hands down itā€™s the F-86 Sabre . Vietnam and itā€™s the F-4 Phantom . After that itā€™s the Tomcat . No decent fighter jets since then .

Last edited:
The Tiger Moth wasnā€™t WWI it was later and used as an RAF trainer prior to WWII . The Sopwith Camel couldnā€™t hold a candle to the Spad XIII . Now letā€™s move up to Korea . Hands down itā€™s the F-86 Sabre . Vietnam and itā€™s the F-4 Phantom . After that itā€™s the Tomcat . No decent fighter jets since then .
I have a few divergences, but I respect your choices. āœˆļø You can head up the Ministry of Historical Aircraft in my cabinet.

What's your favorite WWII? I gotta go with the F-4U Corsair, with several close runner ups: P-47, -61, and 38 all rate highly, as does the Hawker Hurricane, the Mosquito, and the PBY Catalina. I agree on the F-86 and the F-4, but I have to give Vietnam bonus points to the A-1 Skyraider.

Does the President get his own historical aircraft squadron too?

What's your favorite WWII? I gotta go with the F-4U Corsair, with several close runner ups: P-47, -61, and 38 all rate highly, as does the Hawker Hurricane, the Mosquito, and the PBY Catalina. I agree on the F-86 and the F-4, but I have to give Vietnam bonus points to the A-1 Skyraider.

Does the President get his own historical aircraft squadron too?
World War II has too many cool airplanes to pin it down to any one or even four . I like your picks especially the PBY . I built a lot of models when I was a kid and WWII aircraft were my favorite . The Mitchell B-25 is my favorite bomber because itā€™s kind of a hybrid bomber / fighter due to its size and the whole Doolittleā€™s Raiders thing . The Bell P-39 Airacobra is a cool fighter being mid engine . Germany and Japan really got skunked here . All they had was ugly utility planes especially Germanyā€™s bombers . And , yes , we canā€™t forget the A-1 Skyraider . Very cool plane .
The President does indeed get his own historical squadron . He is the President after all . I nominate the Cold War era B-36 as your Air Force One . If you donā€™t like that funky rear facing engine look youā€™ll have to settle for the B-52 with an X-15 under the wing for me to ride in .

Do it. Antique aircraft are expensive.

WW 2 era? I'd order up a squadron of mosquito fighter bombers to go with my spitfires, and a tempest tank destroyer. They looked cool.

I stepped out of my house many years ago, not knowing there was an airshow across the river. I heard the loudest engine I have ever been under, as a Hawker Hurricane flew over the house. I also randomly spotted a Lancaster bomber a few years later. It's more fun when you are surprised.

But those engines. They'd drown out the Presidential band.

It's funny how our perspectives work. I think of aircraft flown by the RCAF and my US friends here think USAF aircraft.

No, we (will) fly our Avro Arrow when we fish it out of the drink

He actually volunteered rather than wait to be called up as he wanted to be in the air force. He said he didn't want to be cannon fodder (army) and got very sea sick so not the navy. Volunteers could choose; when called up you went where you were sent. He was good at maths, sitting the school exam a year early. Since calculating position was all done manually, their only tool being a slide rule, he wasn't given any choice about his job.
His pilot was South African and after the war became a pilot for one of their airlines. He was an excellent pilot, managing to land 4 write-offs. One of them, the ground crew had no idea how it was still airborne as it was so badly damaged.

Yes youā€™ll have my vote but i have some terms.

- All fish keeping materials and fish are 50% cheaper because the government pays half of the total cost due to the good we do in rescuing fish from pet stores (and materials).

- Make a law about how pet stores sell fish. Bettas must not be in a cup.

- Healthcare is free (for my fish)(i had an ich outbreak)

- Ban all species of algae, all algae spores are now fugitives

- Freshwater Stingrays are unbanned from California

- All B-2 Bombers will be under my control and I can bomb all of my enemies

Yes youā€™ll have my vote but i have some terms.

- All fish keeping materials and fish are 50% cheaper because the government pays half of the total cost due to the good we do in rescuing fish from pet stores (and materials).

- Make a law about how pet stores sell fish. Bettas must not be in a cup.

- Healthcare is free (for my fish)(i had an ich outbreak)

- Ban all species of algae, all algae spores are now fugitives

- Freshwater Stingrays are unbanned from California

- All B-2 Bombers will be under my control and I can bomb all of my enemies
Hm, no can do, I'm afraid. I'm a fiscal conservative, and there's no way the government can pay for fish or their health care without running up huge deficits*.

I don't really like laws, and I will only use executive orders for emergencies**. So you'll have to talk to the legislative branch about getting some new laws passed. Good luck with that. And no way I'm getting involved in California politics. Them people is straight up crazy.

The B2s will stay under my control, but I might let you borrow one if you promise to use it only for good, never for evil.

*Excepting the gigantic tank I will install in the white house, of course.
**like running out of tea. or forgetting to put the trash out on Sunday night.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back