I need help!! bettas eyes seem strange !

šŸ  May TOTM Voting is Live! šŸ 
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
šŸ† Click here to Vote! šŸ†

SushiRollsAquabuds

Reaction score
I recently got a white platinum betta fish (unnamed) and Iā€™ve recently noticed thereā€™s something wrong with his eyes. Iā€™ve noticed that heā€™s ā€bumpedā€ into the tank glass a lot and that he is unresponsive to my finger tapping on the glass. Iā€™ve done some research and I think it could be cloud eyes or possibly diamond eyes.

- my betta seems to be ā€œblindā€ or unresponsive when he looks at me from one side of his eyes but the other eye seems like he can see.
-when I give him food he eats it then spits it out , which is weird because the food is small enough for him to eat (I have another betta and he eats it just fine)or maybe he doesnā€™t like it.

maybe he is just nervous or stressed but I do want to see if his eyes are okay. if you guys know anything please let me know, I want to make sure my betta lives a good life! help is highly appreciated!!

I have linked some photos so you guys can take a look at :). I chose the best ones that show more detail.

Attachments

• IMG_CE71F7C9F3BA-1.jpeg
    IMG_CE71F7C9F3BA-1.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5513.jpeg
    IMG_5513.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5511.jpeg
    IMG_5511.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 26
Probably dragonscale. It's a genetic defect caused by inbreeding. The fish will go blind, assuming it isn't already. However, if you feed him in the same spot each day and wiggle your finger about first to get his attention, there is no reason he can't live for a bit longer. Just keep the tank ornaments the same and don't have anything that can tangle him up.

Most reactions

Back