I Need Help Asap

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ilya

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Is there anything that can make a semi powerful current in the water, my trickle filter isn't doing the job? I need a current for soon to help prevent algae from settling. I just changed all of my water and whipped my tank walls clean. My fish are in a jar for the time being. I'm filtering the dirty water from all of the crap and algae through a rag. On the bottom falls cleaner water.

Is there anything that can make a semi powerful current in the water, my trickle filter isn't doing the job? I need a current for soon to help prevent algae from settling. I just changed all of my water and whipped my tank walls clean. My fish are in a jar for the time being. I'm filtering the dirty water from all of the crap and algae through a rag. On the bottom falls cleaner water.

A power head? http://www.hagen.com/usa/aquatic/product.c...=01005650020101

Yes :). Are there any that point the flow in one direction rather then down?

Never mind that's the suction. How do you prevent fish from being stuck to the intake?

Never mind that's the suction. How do you prevent fish from being stuck to the intake?

I believe you can cover it with something like pantyhose - although that method applies more to the filter intake - not sure if the power head will be too powerful and destroy the pantyhose.

Most power heads are supplyed with guards for this exact reason, but if not, you can cover the intake with foam, which also incrases the amount of bio-media you have in your tank :good:
HTH
rabbut

what you want is a stream powerhead, look into seios, tunze streams, and hydor koralias.

Also, how effective are the guards? Because I always see fish stuck up against what looks like a guard at my local Walmart. :(

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back