[i]labidochromis Caerulueus [/i]

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

kribensis12

I know where you live
Reaction score
Okay, I own several Yellow Labs. First off, I have a picture of my male. He has almost a " 5'oclock shadow" going on. A lab breeder I know has never seen this. Do you know what it is?
015-13.jpg

Here is a 30 gallon tank with some of their fry ( over 30 ):
011-20.jpg

012-18.jpg

013-17.jpg

014-17.jpg

And here is another Yellow lab, and she is holding. She is about 3 to 4 weeks away from spitting.
016-10.jpg

Okay, I own several Yellow Labs. First off, I have a picture of my male. He has almost a " 5'oclock shadow" going on. A lab breeder I know has never seen this. Do you know what it is?

It's usually considered a sign of poor genetics, however, there have been some reports of this coloration in the wild, so who really knows. That said, it isn't a desirable trait among hobbyists. :good:

I actually kind of like it. I just makes him seem more, manly. It comes and goes. It's not always there. It's weird. The females don't have this at all.

I actually kind of like it. I just makes him seem more, manly. It comes and goes. It's not always there. It's weird. The females don't have this at all.

I don't see anything wrong with it either, it's just not a popular trait. It's most often seen in males ready to breed, however, I've seen some females with it as well. :good:

Most reactions

Back