i know this might sound stupid

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

guppy_man

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
lol ive beenon this site for quite a while now and i dont know what a water change is will someone help me out and tell me how to do a water change plzzzzz.
otherwise my fish might die.

A water change is really easy to do....simple remove a amount of water from your tank and change it with the same amount of fresh water...after the chlorine is removed...

a water change of about 20% your tanks volume once a week is a good idea and of course any topups during the week to keep the same water level in the tank..

hope that help..enjoy the forum :D

with dechlorinator you can buy from any fish store...take a look at the pinned topics on the top of each message board - you will learn a lot

Dechlorinater is also somtimes called "water conditioner" too; if you don't add it to your tank your tanks ecosystem(used to help break down waste in the tank) cannot develop because the chlorine in tap water(put there by water companys to help kill desease that may be passed through water) also kills your tank ecosystem good bacteria. If you don't have this all kinds of water quality problems arise in your tank which usually lead to death and desease in your tank.

do you mean things like nutrafin aqua plus and things like that? becaus ei got all them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back