I just seen a shocking video

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

In regard to the debate over how long the video was... it actually took the piranhas more than 30 minutes to finish off that oscar. The guy who posted the video said something to that effect further down on the thread.

Edit: I'll post the link in this thread if everyone would like?

only 1 red was doing the harassing the rest just stayed back , they jumped in tho when the oscar was just too tired to fight back....

but 30 min of the film was 1 red (alpha) and the oscar going heads up with eachother  but the Red didnt stop the harassing he just kept going and going and going... until the oscar finally gave up . then the frenzy began

NinjaSmurf said:
Peace is great, but nature is too. Next you'll be wanting anyone who has a snake to start feeding them snake pellets or something, never mind the how the mice were killed to make them... wait, I'll bet they'll make veggie pellets for the snakes, so they don't get PETA on their ass or anything...
Nature is great, I agree. But is it natural to put an animal in a situation it would never encounter in the wild, such as putting an oscar in an enclose space with voracious predators like piranhas? When you see the video you will probably agree with me. If something like that had happened in the wild the oscar woudl have been outta there in a second. In a tank there is no opportunity for this.

Synirr said:
In regard to the debate over how long the video was... it actually took the piranhas more than 30 minutes to finish off that oscar. The guy who posted the video said something to that effect further down on the thread.

Edit: I'll post the link in this thread if everyone would like?

only 1 red was doing the harassing the rest just stayed back , they jumped in tho when the oscar was just too tired to fight back....

but 30 min of the film was 1 red (alpha) and the oscar going heads up with eachother but the Red didnt stop the harassing he just kept going and going and going... until the oscar finally gave up . then the frenzy began
plz sho the link :unsure:

I wasnt going to reply to this post as i dont like debating ethics...But after watching that video and reading that post...im frankly sickened...I'm glad im not a member of that kind of forum...did you see some of those avatars?....Loser's...as for the ethics part of that video....It was made to watch that oscar suffer....cruel sick humor which only twisted people could enjoy....I believe and agree with feeding of live foods...but that!?!?....disgusting is all i can think of...I'd rather see that oscar die in a 10 gal than that....If i were to ever meet the guy who made that...

The issue here is not that the Oscar was fed to the pirahnas. Obviously piranhas have to eat. If you want to feed your fish another fish, that's your business. (At least, in the US it's your business. If it is illegal where you live then, obviously, it's also law enforcements business.)
But the Oscar was not fed to the piranhas for feeding purposes, it was for entertainment purposes. I think this is made clear by the fact that the video is set to a B.I.G. song and that the video is introduced as "OsCaR OwNaGe."
And whenever something has to lose it's life to provide entertainemnt, then it's not entertainment, it's just sick. I think that's a point that anyone of reasonable morals could agree with.

Exactly. :nod: That pretty much summed up what I said in one of my earlier posts. The fact that the guy did not know what to do with it is a very lame excuse: he easily could have euthanized it in a morally acceptable fashion, AND THEN fed it to his p's.

*if there are spelling errors, please forgive, I'm trying to cut and eat peanutbutter apple slices and type at the same time*

Saw the video. I'm actually sort of disappointed. All this debate over the vid and I thought it was going to be mass carnage and stuff. It wasn't. Maybe it was the blurry video but it didn't seem that graphic, if you want to get technical. I do have a thought though, has everyone read the entire topic about it? All of their comments on it? Cause they don't seem to sound like a bunch of psychos that everyone was making them out to be. In fact, a few of them made some excellent points. Admittedly, I would have probably sold the fish, or given it away, but the guy didn't. And he did provide a warning, so I don't understand why some people acted like he didn't.

And VIP's girlfriend, whoever you are.....

Vip's girlfriend here. You really need to get a life. How can you have a heart to do that? Im sure you could of gotten rid of it if you really wanted to. Are you sure your mother didnt drop you on the head at birth? because only a dumb $#@* would do that!!! You need to see professional help!

*You couldn't have been calling him a dumb ass, because then you would have only needed three symbols instead of four. I wonder which explitive you meant?*

I'd have been pissed at you too if you'd said that stuff about me. :sly: Like that really helped you sound like a nice person who cares. Yell at me all you want, but that was overboard.

I really don't say I can see a difference between this and feeding a snake or lizard something alive. Sorry, but I can't. Like one of their members said... (minus spell. errors)

One more thing: I see not-so-nice remarks from people that have applauded goldfish carnage in the past - can you spell HYPOCRISY??? 
Goldfish, oscar, piranha, pleco: what's the ####in' difference - just because one fish is cuter or more interactive than another makes no difference: in the end they all end the same gruelling way with an erqual amount of pain (if fish sense that) and distress: being torn to shreds by piranha's ain't nowalk in the park for any type of fish.
IMO. either you're against all forms of live fish feedings, or not: there's no inbetween, except being a hypocrit.
I'm done....

Overall, boring movie, much freakout about nothing out of the ordinary, sad about the oscar, but what can you do, resurrect the thing?

And for all you milk lovers out there, you sould hear some of the horror stories my mom has told me about the dairy industry, you think those cows are okay because they aren't being slaughtered, think again.

edit: Phooka, you said it. The guy was wrong for doing it for that reason. I won't defend him against that.

digital_run said:
I wasnt going to reply to this post as i dont like debating ethics...But after watching that video and reading that post...im frankly sickened...I'm glad im not a member of that kind of forum...did you see some of those avatars?....Loser's...as for the ethics part of that video....It was made to watch that oscar suffer....cruel sick humor which only twisted people could enjoy....I believe and agree with feeding of live foods...but that!?!?....disgusting is all i can think of...I'd rather see that oscar die in a 10 gal than that....If i were to ever meet the guy who made that...
Couldnt say it better myself

agreed.

the guys on that forum are like pot smokers.

no wonder we have more members then probably anybody

Did you see some of their replies? They seemed to get in pointless arguments over stuff like someone's avatar. All they do is flame each other, it seems like a pretty dysfunctional forum to me.

Ninja_Smurf, that is your opinion and if you want you can stick to it, but how would you like it if i showed you a video of somthing you love being treated like that? lets say the same dogg you own and love, what if i put it in a cage with no way out then set a pack of pitbulls onto it, would you still be thinking that way? thats it nature? that its not mean? i think not.

I think the main question here is: what would you do? To all of you who said, it's no big deal, it happens in the wild, etc... if you had a large oscar with no place to keep, it (which, IMO, is pretty irresponsible in the first place) what would you do? Would you:

a) chuck it into a tank full of p's

b ) euthanize it like a decent human being

or c ) try to give it away to someone who can care for it properly

Personally I would go with the latter. If you can honestly answer a) to the above question, then your opinion on the topic is sufficiently justifiable. Otherwise, no.

NinjaSmurf said:
And VIP's girlfriend, whoever you are.....

*You couldn't have been calling him a dumb ass, because then you would have only needed three symbols instead of four. I wonder which explitive you meant?*
I believe the moderator edited that, so if you're going to be poking fun at anyone for not knowing how many letters are in... arse... then it should be him ;)
Edit: Actually, I doubt she has calling him a dumb arse at all *ahem*

Most reactions

Back