I.d. Needed For This Spider

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

wendywc

Rocking a crabshell for a hat.
Reaction score
It's next to my hose reel. And even though I like bugs and spiders, this one's pretty creepy.

scary1.jpg

Blown-up
scary2.jpg

oh my! my boyfriend found a bunch of those in his fields when he was playing paintball and was freaked out, we also have no idea what it is!!

I am not certain of the species, but it is an orb web spider, and is harmless to humans.

Yuh, don't reckon I'd bother touching that. It looks like it would damage you.

Some stuff really just doesn't need to be so darn creepy, isn't it enough to have eight legs and a bunch of eyes in the first place, without having to be skinny and painted in red goth style? sheesh.

Haven't been on here in a while. Thanks for the comments everyone. Suzie, I love how you describe things. ha

Anyway, that guy has since moved on and was only here a few days. But I spotted a new visitor tonight. Hopefully, I can get a better closeup in the morning. Any thoughts on this one?

igkrgi.jpg

14e6wkw.jpg

That looks like the British garden spider, Araneous diadenatus. We always get one every autum/fall atthe kitchen window. I always feed them, too. I put a small cricket in its web. They are facinating beautiful creatures.
Harmless, too.

With transport being as it is these days, it wouldn't suprise me.
We in England now have blackwidows in the south of England. Your wasps are abundant here. As is your prolific gray squirel

Most reactions

Back