I always thought fish guys were supposed to be geeks...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Magnum Man

Supporting Member
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I use the words assimilate & collective in 2 consecutive posts & no Star Trek comments??? maybe just American aquarists are geeks... or maybe all these years... I've just been the geek ;)

Last edited:
Yes and no...
The answer can go both ways...
I would consider myself a fish nerd by all means... And I'm extremely proud of it...! And yes, I also wear glasses... 👓 And I got rid of my bow ties...

Actually, we are all super cool. Geeks? We transcend both geeks and nerds, and there isn't a red shirt in this crew. We're like well dressed 1940s film stars - detectives on a quest for the truth about guppies.

For. Awhile. I. Lived. On the. Street that. William. Shatner. Grew up. On. I don't. Want. To. Overdramatize that anecdote.

I’ve known a few fish guys over the years and they were all the type of guy that was detail oriented and a stickler for procedure . Some were clean freaks but the best one I knew was a slob who succeeded with every fish he had . His aquariums were clean but his house and yard and fish room were a sty . The guy really had the touch . All he needed was a pair and some water and he had fry within a month . The only nerds I know are comic book geeks .

Most reactions

Back