How to hide the heater

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Bw88

Reaction score
Hi I have ordered the 46l fluval edge. I have also ordered a heater. How do u hide the heater so itā€™s out of sight? Any help appreciated cheers.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

You can put plants, driftwood or ornaments in front of the heater to hide it. Make sure they aren't touching the heater and can't fall on the heater.

Try to have the heater as close to the bottom of the tank as you can. Have the heater on a 45 degree angle with the heating coil lower than the cord.

Does it have a sump in back? You could possibly put a small heater inside the column in back. I donā€™t know what the filter situation is.

Does it have a sump in back? You could possibly put a small heater inside the column in back. I donā€™t know what the filter situation is.

The Fluval edge has a HOB filter that sits on top of glass at back of tank under the light unit. Pretty decent little filter as it happens actually.

But wonā€™t be able to fit a heater in a hob filter at all.

Another potential option is to have an external heater but this calls for a canister or external filter to hook up the heater via the water pipe so that wonā€™t be a go either for this Fluval edge really.

So the best method in this case is to hide the heater behind some plants and/or decor.

This is what Iā€™ve done on all my tanks, hide the heater behind strategically placed plants :)

With enough plants you canā€™t even see the heater. I know w what you mean though. One of my still shows some and it drives me nuts!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back