How To Attach External

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ginge

Betta Extermination Team!!!
Reaction score
I have ordered a Fluval Dou Deep 1200 with hood heater lights filter treatments and plants but am buying a fluval 305 instead of the fluval4 that comes with the tank and i wondered how to get the pipes inside the aquarium. I got all of this for £200 from my lfs(without the fluval 305).

there should eb intructions with the filter to help you out
<
basically, there should be an input nozzle that will ahve some sort of suction cups to stick to the glass. to this you'll attach the hose that goes to the filter

the output nozzle will be fairly the same, with suction cups as well and the hose will attach to the filter.

Hi Ginge,
I have the Duo 800 with an ehiem external filter. My pipe work comes into the tank where the gaps are in the back of the hood. If the gaps aren't big enough you can snap the bit above the gaps out fairly easy. I hope this helps you?
Dave

I know you said you ok setting it up but just as apoint of interest the fluval 05 series all come with dvd setup instructions.

I f you take your hood off ,at the back of it there are two semi circular pieces taken out of it .You place the pipes so they correspond with these.Then when the hood is placed back on it should fit snugly.

Thanks silver when i put the deposit on the tank i saw two white circular things on the underside of the hood i wondered what they were for.

Here's the picture.

pipes.jpg

The red arrow is the opening and the blue arrow is the snap off piece.

Yes they are designed that way, with a did of care.

Sorry, but I don't know about the Fluval filters. The pipe work is 9mm on my Ehiem, but your filter is possable going to be bigger. As it is a bigger tank it will need a bigger filter than mine.

Hi Ginge I use the Maidenhead Branch at Fairoak. My two Angels and Cardinals came from there.I have`nt had any trouble with their fish.Also they seem to give me good advise.

Yes, I do use M/Aquatics. I go to Havent most of the time, but I do like the one in Chichester (double the distance). I've also been to the one in Bassingstoke and Guildford, all good. Which one have you been to?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back