How quickly do anubias' grow?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jen

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I am just wondering when I can expect more leaves to form on my lanceolata. I had a tiny one a few weeks after planting it, but I can't remember if it was there when I first got it. Soon after it broke off (I re planted it hoping that maybe it would do soemthing). I know it is a slow growing plant, but how slow? I have had it since Jan 20ish.

Thanks

Anubias are very slow growers and I've read that if you are meeting it's demands, it should grow one new leaf every 14 days on average. Mine's slower though :S

Like all plants it depends on conditions. In one tank my anubias nana hardly grows at all - a new leaf is an event! In my other tank things must be just right for them because they are growing really quickly into monster plants. I have to trim them every now and then!

>>> if only I could get a new leave every 14 days..

You and me both mate. A few leaves a year is growing okay.

speak of the devil. Today when I turn on my light, a spike in the middle... a new leaf right when I think that one will never come. Funny how that happens.

I have some hygro polysperma, and it rows like the dickens in my tank. I Started with 3 little stems, and now have 12 or so from the clippings. I want to get some flowers, so I am avoiding cutting it in hopes that it will flower.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back