How many times a day to feed?

Mariah

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 50 gal, 20 gal and a 10 gal. How many times a day should I be feeding them? Im currently only feeding once a day but people are telling me I should feed them twice.

What fish do you have in each tank and how many? do you have fry?
You should realy fill out your profile with this kind of info to make sorting through these questions easier :thumbs:

it differs alot from fishkeeper to fishkeeper, i feed three times aday, but its the quality of the food not the quantity, i feed flakes, frozen, and veg.

I feed once a day. My fish are still "sleeping" when I leave in the morning so they get fed when I return in the afternoon. In fact my fire eel only eats twice a week. He will only eat live food and I only go to the lfs twice a week to get it, so that's how many times he eats in a week. He's doing very well on it and is a healthy 14-15" long

I feed my fish once a day, and fast them once a week, except the tanks that have shell-dweller fry, those I don't fast, and will occasionally fed twice a day.

I do water changes every 6 days, except fry tanks get changed every 3 days.

my fry tanks i feed little and often, like 3-4-5 times a day, depending on my schedule

my other tanks are fed once or twice a day. the bettas are fed once a day

I see that everyone seems to feed once or twice. Some even feed more. Hmmm.. I guess I should be feeding my fry twice a day but my others I think Ill keep feeding once a day.

i feed 3 time a day but haven't heard of fasting them - any chance of explanation why you do this? :D

Once a day at most. Very varied diet. Fasting every now and again.

"i feed 3 time a day but haven't heard of fasting them - any chance of explanation why you do this?"

Supposed to be good for their digestions, so they can clear out their system every now and again, also to more closely replicate conditions in the wild where the supply of food is more erratic.

elmo said:
i feed 3 time a day but haven't heard of fasting them - any chance of explanation why you do this? :D
I fast my fish once a week just to clean them out a bit, I guess. I'm not sure if it really doe's any good but I know they can probably go a week without food so it shouldn't harm them. Maybe someone else has a better explanation? -_-

Most reactions

Back