How Many GloTetra in a 25 gallon?

Circus

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Right now I have 6 of the glotetra in a 25 gallon (my first fish I ever got). From my understanding they are basically white skirt tetra. How many should I have in my tank? I know "more is better" but how many more would my maximum be? I wanted to add some more green, as well as some standard white skirts.

Tank dimensions?

Id go up to 9.

Black skirt tetras are the same too. Black, white, and glofish all will shoal together

(Green is the best one btw, had a green girl whom I adored.)
Green are my favorite as well, they remind me of little aliens. The pink are kinda cute. They remind me of the color "salmon pink" and it tickles me that I have a salmon colored tetra.

Green are my favorite as well, they remind me of little aliens. The pink are kinda cute. They remind me of the color "salmon pink" and it tickles me that I have a salmon colored tetra.
I had a pink one named barbie in my first tank:rofl: when I was like 12

When I first got these guys over a year ago, I had 3 in my 15 column, then bumped that up to 5. Then I realized they were chasing all the time because they were getting pretty big and there wasn't enough room.
It was around that time I ended up with a few tanks from my mother's friend. They had been in the rafters of her garage for over 10 years (these ones had been used as grow out tanks for angels) once she retired from breeding.
So into the 20 gal they went, and are much happier for it. I added the little pink one about a month and a half ago.

my green girl was named Bacardi.
She was a dumb fish. No I mean seriously dumb.
She grabbed an entire shrimp pellet for my cories whole, swallowed it, choked, swam frantically around the tank and went belly up. I had to grab her and shake the pellet out of her throat, while moving her back and forth through the water she revived.

She did it AGAIN a couple months later.

Fishy CPR on her twice affected her neurologically and she developed some weird swimming problems and would stare off in different directions.

She got stuck face down in a sword plant and i had to rescue her because she was too brain dead to figure out how to swim out of it.

Eventually though she got stuck in some plants again and officially died. I was pretty gutted, she was a very unique and special fish. In many ways.

This was her "stare of many directions".
20200310_081909.jpg

It took my glotetra a while to get used to a real led light. I had the white on during the day and the blue on in the evening. At first they were super sacred, but eventually got used to the white.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back