how many fish ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

claireroe

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi , i'm sure its here somewhere but can't find a link to show how you calculate how many fish your tank can hold . My tank is 24x18x12 and getting a three foot one too . Can somebody tell me or give me the calculation ? :dunno:

The rule tends to be an inch of fish per Gallon. I make your tank out to be 85 Liters, which is equal to 22.5 US gallons.

Looking at this, you'd be able to keep 22 inches worth of fish (this is, the fish at fully grown size). However, depending on your filtrations and how heavy the fish are on your bioload (for example, a neon is very light on your bioload, and a plec would be classed heavy bioload). If you have your tank heavily filtrated, you'll be able to push this limit and keep some more fish.

If you're not sure if your tank could handle what you have in it or want in it, I recommend posting a topic in the general chat and asking their advice. Please do mention how many gallons the tank holds, which fish are in it and how many, what filtration you use and your water parameters (PH, KH, No2, No3, GH) are.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back