How many fish for my aquarium size????

CABRO

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new into fish keeping and I wanted to get 10 golden barbs and 2 labeos for my 30 gallon tank, would this be ok? Or would they be overcrowded?

In my opinion, you could do the barbs but I wouldn’t add the labeos. I’m assuming you’re referring to the red tailed sharks though. Those get kind of aggressive and really should be in a larger tank (like twice the size you have).

What Aqua67 said, though I personally believe a 40 gallon long would be a much better option. It's less about volume than actual swimming space, and a 40 gallon long provides that.

Welcome to the forum! 10 gold barbs should be fine in a 30g. They seem to be pretty adaptable for water hardness and pH, so unless your water is freakishly soft or hard, no worries there.

What kind of labeo are you thinking? I agree that red tail black sharks would be a bad idea in a 30g. They tend to get very aggressive as they age, and two in a 30g would probably end up killing each other and terrorizing the gold barbs. They tend to like it warmer than gold barbs, too.

Make sure you know about cycling before you add fish.

Hi, I'm new into fish keeping and I wanted to get 10 golden barbs and 2 labeos for my 30 gallon tank, would this be ok? Or would they be overcrowded?
Hello. These fish can get up to three inches, so 10 is pretty high for 30 gallons of water. This many would be great in a 55 gallon tank.

Most reactions

trending

Back