How Many Betta Fish Are Laid At A Time And As Babies Do They Fight?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

rrfreak

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
How many betta fish are laid at a time and as babies do they fight?

i belive you can expect upwards of 150 fry. they need separating when they begin showing agression...sometimes as soon as 6 weeks old (i might be mis-quoted tho)...i know they can be rather young at separation due to fighting.

Well you seem new to breeding so heres what i did:

Put the fish in a seperate breeding tank, with the female in a glass vase for a day or two, then introduced her into the tank, put her back into the vase over night, and relised again the next day, where they immidetly began wrapping, releasing her eggs..

Both of my betta's started collecting the eggs and spitting them into the nest, untill eventually they were done wrapping, and the male was chasing her away. At that point i took her out and put her back into her own tank to recover.

A couple of days later and i could see the fry hanging from the nest, now and then one would fall from the nest and my male would collect and put him back.

Anouther few days passed and they begain free swimming around the tank, at that point i took the male out and put him back into his own tank, fed and gave him chance to recover.

Then for the first week or two, carnt remember, i fed the fry liquifry 1, then i started feeding them micro worms...

I then moved the fry into a bigger tank, although i carnt remember what week it was...

From there, iv moved the majority into there own seperate containers... They were starting to get a little aggressive, but i wouldnt say they were all fighting fully.

but up untill about 5/6 weeks old, they were not aggressive towards each other in the slightest.

Iv now started feeding them bloodworm and pellets ect..

Overall, iv ended up with about 63/64 betta's surviving to this point, which i think is preatty good for a first time breeder.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back