How does everyone make their dividers?

Elisabeth83

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well I went out today and bought a 10 gallon tank for my Bettas....but what I want to do now is divide the tank up so I can put 2-3 bettas in it.

I am really baffled though as how to go about doing this. I have some white mesh type material but I have no idea what to use to make a frame??

I don't want to permently glue anything in...because I might want to use this tank for something else sometime.

any ideas?

Thanks!!

:D well, when i need to divide my fish my kind husband takes some perspex measures the width of the tank and adds an extra inch to the depth , drills lots of holes for the air flow and puts that down to divide the tank in half.

Just found out that they sell dividers....but not here in SWEDEN!! ARGHHH :sly: :crazy:

Does anyone know of places online that ship internationally???

Thanks!! :thumbs:

Hi black angel...Thanks for your reply!

Yeah when I was living in Australia I had that same set up going too with the perspex. Problem is I don't own a drill and can't afford to buy one right now lol.

I saw that they sell divders at like petco and petsmart...but those places don't ship internationally so now I'm trying to find a place that will.

There is one store that specializes in fish here in Sweden..so I'm gonna call there tomorrow and ask if they have them or can order them.

Elisabeth83 said:
Just found out that they sell dividers....but not here in SWEDEN!! ARGHHH :sly: :crazy:

Does anyone know of places online that ship internationally???

Thanks!! :thumbs:
try this
aquarium pros

HTH

Hi Danio,

Thanks for the website :nod:

Shipping so expensive though.....25.00 for just a couple of the dividers :-(

I might just get them though because it beats making them myself...plus they'll look heaps better lol :lol:

Thanks again!

Hey,

I just use plastic canvas, you know, that stiff plastic mesh stuff you can buy from craft stores. It's easy to cut, and it pretty much holds itself upright where you want it... for piece of mind, I use suction cups to keep it in place. I put one suction cup on each side of the canvas. Nice thing about it is that it allows filtration through the holes. :)

I have a pic, but I can't figure out how to put it in the message... so it's in my avatar instead!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back