How do you know if Shrimp is molting or dead?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BLASK

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
How do you know if Shrimp is molting or dead?

Its been like 3 or 4 weeks and one my ghost shrimp has died, or is he molting?

How can I tell?

:/

hmm im not sure if i understood your question properly but here i go!!

shrimps molt all the time! and the shells they leave behind are hollow and transparent white, whilst dead shrimps have a pinker hue(IMO only) and aren't hollow :) shrimps also tend to hide when they just molted so it might be difficult to spot the shrimp that just molted

everytime i see a molted skin it still freaks me out a little if the shrimp is dead or what! :)

Yea, keep a close eye on all your shrimp and keep note when they molt their shell. Usually the molt doesnt have the internal organs that you can see when your watching the real one...

the ghost was just sitting there with his arms/legs crossed (like a dead spider), I pushed some water against him in the tank and he just floated like he is dead. I can safely assume he is in fact dead?

Plus I think what contributed to his death is my plant supplement, I use Seachem Flourish Pottasium, Nitrogen, and Phostphate, all copper free, however for the micronutrients I use Bigals plant food supplement which has like 0.0000001% copper. I looked at all the other micronutrient plant suppliments and they all have slight traces of copper. How do we have a freakin planted tank with shrimp!!!?

:no:

I use "flora boost" by interpet for my and i have a healthy amoured shrimp in one of the tanks i use it in so i think its safe to say its safe on shrimp in planted tanks :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back