How do I move my 55 gal tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Do you already have your plants picked out? I want to change to a sand substrate with live plants, but I don't know what to use. Also, you say you have things in there that churn up your sand, so you don't have to do it. Is your filter a HOB? Mine was almost $80, so I don't want to risk it getting ruined by sand particles. Do you use kuli loaches for churning up the sand? Can they go with goldfish?

mhoward1999 said:
Do you already have your plants picked out? I want to change to a sand substrate with live plants, but I don't know what to use. Also, you say you have things in there that churn up your sand, so you don't have to do it. Is your filter a HOB? Mine was almost $80, so I don't want to risk it getting ruined by sand particles. Do you use kuli loaches for churning up the sand? Can they go with goldfish?
Well you can always use chop sticks to move the sand about I have Weather Loaches and other fish that sift through the sand, the Goldfish themselves also do this. The plant I have found that does best in Goldfish tanks is Limnophila aquatica. I wouldn't think the filters would be damaged, not all of my tanks have the sand churning fish and the sand still stays clean and I only occasionally move it around, chop sticks help though.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back