how can I feed him if I never see him????

Cavafish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have had an angelicus plec (L028) for about 6 weeks now and although I can always see him/her as he hides in a cave in the front of my bogwood where his tail sticks out, I have very rarely seen him out in the tank. I can't sit up til 2am with the lights off waiting to see if he might move too often. ;)

I tried to prise him out of his cave when I did a water change once but I think he is velcro-ed in there or something :lol: didn't like to hassle him too much so left him be in the end.
I know they are predominatly nocturnal fish but is it normal to be constantly in hiding?? :huh: If so, how do you know what to feed them, how much etc. I have tried putting in algae wafers but if I dont do it really quietly sometimes all the others eat them up! :angry:
i have read that they like blood worms but there is no way that I could sneak any of those in there for him without the other fish going barmy!!! :D

Help! please! I want to look after Percy like the king that he is. :wub:

Thankyou.

I just throw a few algae disks in after the others are preoccupied with their dinner, and mine seems to be able to find them as soon as i turn the lights out.

I put an algae wafer in the front of the cave where my plec spends all his time. I do it after the lights are out and then back up to watch. It's funny to see him attacking the otos if they bug him while he's eating.

My plec eats when the lights are on, though it prefers it dark. It'll take shrimp pellets, algae discs, and vegetables.

You could also try a small chunk of cucumber weighted down by the area the plec spends most of his time, just be careful not to leave the cucumber in there too long as your ammonia might go up.
I've got a peppermint plec and i never see him but he's happy enough and he's grown alot since i bought him!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back