(hopefully) Basic Frog Question...

quickdodge

Reaction score
Ok, back in Feb., I bought a frog for my tropical set up. He is about as big as a quarter, solid white, does have claws on the front and has not once (that I've seen) tried to go after my other fish:

1 chocolate algae eater
2 bumble bee cat
3 blue gourami
4 red serpai
3 great danios
2 green terrors

Like I said, I bought it in Feb of this year. Should it have grown by now? It hasn't grown at all that is noticable. Thanks. Later, QD.

I have an albino african clawed frog too in with my betta. They are awesome things. He's probably not getting enough food because of all the fish in the tank. I would maybe put him in something smaller so you can make sure he eats.

Just note that african clawed frogs can get quite big. I've been pictures of some about the size of my palm.

I have an albino african clawed frog too in with my betta. They are awesome things. He's probably not getting enough food because of all the fish in the tank. I would maybe put him in something smaller so you can make sure he eats.

I'm sure you already know, but ACFs get to be quite big, pretty quickly, and it's possible for them to eat your fish (including bettas).

Are you sure it's an African Clawed Frog?

Just note that african clawed frogs can get quite big. I've been pictures of some about the size of my palm.

That's why i'm asking. I have had it for 5 months and it hasn't grown a bit....noticably. Later, QD.

I'm sure you already know, but ACFs get to be quite big, pretty quickly, and it's possible for them to eat your fish (including bettas).

Are you sure it's an African Clawed Frog?

Yes I know, and yes it is. :sly:

And once again to the original poster, make sure it eats all that it needs to, they need to chow down for at least 15 minutes as opposed to the fish's 2-3 minutes. 55 gallons for a little frog is too much for you to effectively do that...unless you have a turkey baster. :p

Severina is right, it's probably not getting enough food, they really should be species only - they are very predatory as they get larger. (severina you need to say goodbye to your betta or remove it.)

Most reactions

Back