Hole in fin

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

BleuTheBetta

Fish Crazy
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hello! I have just noticed a hole in Bleus fin. I am pretty sure it wasn’t there yesterday… I will check the wood piece over when it isn’t midnight.
I am pretty sure he snagged his fin on it. If I do find a point, how do I deal with it?
Advice? I’ve never dealt with this before, but I don’t want anything getting into him from that fresh fin wound.
Parameters are near perfect. 0 ammonia, 0 nitrIte, 15 nitrAte. WC is due for tomorrow or the next day, but I can do it sooner if needed.
Sorry for the bad quality, it’s hard taking a pic of Bleu when he is in the middle of bubble nest building! (Hence the flaring lol)
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hmm...so, from my experience, pinholes are not usually anything to worry about necessarily. They could be from as you describe, a tear from decor but also from excess flaring or the very early stages of fin rot.

Keep his water really clean, get those Nitrates down to at least 5 (easy to do with a nice big water change, 50% or more) add a catappa leaf if you have one to hand, Bettas love them as I'm sure you already know 👍🏻keep on top of the water changes and keep us updated 😊 I'm sure it will clear up in no time.

😍 he's lovely, I really like the purple

Hmm...so, from my experience, pinholes are not usually anything to worry about necessarily. They could be from as you describe, a tear from decor but also from excess flaring or the very early stages of fin rot.

Keep his water really clean, get those Nitrates down to at least 5 (easy to do with a nice big water change, 50% or more) add a catappa leaf if you have one to hand, Bettas love them as I'm sure you already know 👍🏻keep on top of the water changes and keep us updated 😊 I'm sure it will clear up in no time.

😍 he's lovely, I really like the purple
Thank you captain!!

Hello again! Bleu’s fin has ripped 2 times more (in the original hole) and now I’m thinking it’s fin rot, I just don’t know how. Next steps?

Post a good photo if you can manage it...

Have you been doing your water changes?

Seeing as it's getting worse, maybe start doing daily water changes...I know its a pain but clean water can only help

Hmm...it's just that area isn't it? The rest of his fins from what I can see look really good....have you noticed how much he's flaring? I wouldn't be overly concerned right now but keep up the water changes to help with the healing process 👍🏻

Hmm...it's just that area isn't it? The rest of his fins from what I can see look really good....have you noticed how much he's flaring? I wouldn't be overly concerned right now but keep up the water changes to help with the healing process 👍🏻
Yes it is. He usually flares around once a week. I have to make him follow my finger to get fin flowing pictures.

Most reactions

Back