HIYA EVERYONE

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

simon g

Reaction score
just thought i would leave a post to say hello and introduce myself, im simon i live in sussex , i have just moved into a new flat and have purchased a 60"20"20" TROPICAL TANK , BUT DON'T KNOW A GREAT DEAL ABOUT FISH REALLY JUST THE STARTING BITS , so far i have got
16 cardinal tetra
20 penguin tetra
5 glittering tetra
5 clown loaches
4 silver sharks
2 redline barbs
2 blue botia
1 ram
2 pigien blood discus
15 guppys
1 zebra pleco
1 white dotted pleco
1 blue lobster
1 rainbow crab
2 cherry barbs
4 red tip tetra :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Hi simon, :)

:hi: to the forum.

There are some seriously clued up guys and gals on this forum (i'm not one of them!! not long started out myself!) so don't hesitate to ask away with any queries you might have.

That's one hell of a tank and some list of fish you've got there for a "beginner"!! :cool:

Try and post some pictures in the members aquariums and fish section as soon as you can!

have fun.

tbr :D

Hi and :hi: to the forums sounds like a lot of fish to keep track of, good luck with that! You realise that some of them are going to get fairly big and you could have a bit of over-crowding or "mysterious" disapearances after a while?

:hi: to the forum.

Thats sounds like a cool tank, and you certainly have a lot of fish in there :blink:

Jon

well im not rally a beginner i had a 8ft tank a few years back, but im having to learn all over again ,so you will have loadsa silly questions to come :whistle:

Hi Simon and :hi: to the forum!

This is a great place for information and advice! I hope you enjoy it here! :D

it sounds like a lot of fish buut most of them are tetras and very small fish, it looks almost empty i think it about the right amount ,it really only the silver sharks and the redline barbs that will get big ,ok and the discus but the tank is huge when you look at it :dunno:

simon g said:
it sounds like a lot of fish buut most of them are tetras and very small fish, it looks almost empty i think it about the right amount ,it really only the silver sharks and the redline barbs that will get big ,ok and the discus but the tank is huge when you look at it :dunno:
hehehe you think that now but wait till you see some of the tanks the members have on here :p

i think you should re consider your stocking and do some more reasearch :nod:

DD

Welcome :) It sounds like your tank is a bit overcrowded...How many GALLONS is your tank?

Heres the rundown of your fish totals if you go by "inch of fish per gallon" rule

16 cardinal tetra - 32"
20 penguin tetra - 60"
5 glittering tetra - 10"
5 clown loaches - 90"
4 silver sharks - 40" +
2 redline barbs - 4"
2 blue botia - 24"
1 ram - 3"
2 pigien blood discus -16"
15 guppys - 30"
1 zebra pleco - 5"
1 white dotted pleco - 5 and 1/2"
1 blue lobster - 12"
1 rainbow crab - ?
2 cherry barbs - 6"
4 red tip tetra - 12"

I'm not sure about the rainbow crab but thats a total of 350" of fish full size...so you'd need a 350 Gallon tank to house ALL of them..and that is just going by the inch per fish rule and some of those fish do not go by that rule like the discus and the sharks.

Most reactions

Back