Hi to all - another newie!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Runningpuffingbilly

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Andy and I have a Juwel vision 180, approx 28G tank with various tropicals in it.

I started the tank up in November, and suffered some deaths, most notable being my Royal Plec and 2 clown loaches a couple of weeks ago.

This looks a great forum and I hope I can glean some good advice from you.

Looking thru a popular fishkeeping magazine last weekend, I noticed an advert for an Ionic water filter, which uses a hozelock fitting to fit to the tap. The idea being that you can draw your changeover water directly from the tap without having to buy chemical treatments - does anyone have any experience of these and are they worth investing in (approx £30)?

Thanks

Andy

Hi and :hi: to the forum.

Actually a jewel vision 180 is supposed to hold 180 litres, almost 40 UK gallons, of course take away the volume of the substrate, ornaments and a gap at the top, but thats still a good 35 UK gallons, almost 40 US gallons, nice size to start with, if you are like me and many others, you will have meny more tanks soon :alien: .

No idea about the tap connector, I will stick with adding tapsafe.

Jon

Liters divided by 4.54 will give you UK gallons, maths not my strong point either :p .

Jon

Most reactions

Back