Hi Janet Here

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Janetl

Reaction score
I need help.. I have a Pair of Marbled Convites, She would lay her eggs but on the third day they would eat them all. All looks good before that i.e they take turns to fan the eggs, but after that they've picked at eaten them.
This has now been at least 4 or 5 times and now a swear she has changed colour to a more Orange Colour.(why this)
I dont have other fish in tank, water is good! am I not feeding enough? or not enough water changes ?or wrong temp? Lots of things it could be it is my first time having this type of fish what can do? I really want to breed this Pair
46 L TANK FLUVAL EDGE
GOT A POT
GOT LOTS OF SAND (THEY HAVE MOVED IT OUT OF POT)

I'm afraid your tank is far too small for a breeding pair of convicts. Even with no other fish in the tank, stress could well make the fish eat their spawn. There's also no way you could properly raise any fry in a 46l tank, the fry won't be able to grow in such a small tank.

How long have you had the tank set up? Is it cycled? Is your water hard or soft? Have you tested the water for ammonia, nitrite or nitrate?

I'm afraid your tank is far too small for a breeding pair of convicts. Even with no other fish in the tank, stress could well make the fish eat their spawn. There's also no way you could properly raise any fry in a 46l tank, the fry won't be able to grow in such a small tank.

How long have you had the tank set up? Is it cycled? Is your water hard or soft? Have you tested the water for ammonia, nitrite or nitrate?
Thanks for your reply...sorry it's took so long to reply! Yeah I've had my tank for many years, water all good and changing reg. then I got a 200L but I can't put them in that tank...I didn't know this was too small a tank, I had explained that I wanted to breed them.. i told them Size of my tank! so I am disappointed now that this is not the case.[emoji17] thanks very much for your help with this much appreciated.x

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Why can't you put them in the 200l?

Well there is Guramies, Tetras, Shrimp, Snails, Rams and Sword Tails among others in the 200L tank so i wouldnt think the Cons are suitable to go in there
Another tank may have to be bought i thinks

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back