Hi Again And Another Stocking Help Question ;-)

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

jen1bee

Reaction score
Hi all, used to be a member years ago but forgot login name soooo new name...

Have a juwel 240L tank with 6 male guppies, 8 congo tetras and 6 schwartzi cories. Oh and 4 nerite snails. Tank has been running for about 4 years and has original filter plus eheim ecco.

Question is on a 'centrepiece' fish - can't decide between pearl gourami or angelfish or...? Would also like to add another school of harlequins or rainbowfish - praecox or ?

The tank is very peaceful at the mo and the important thing for me is that it stays that way. Thoughts would be very very welcome though
flowers.gif

Many thanks in advance
thanks.gif

jen

angel fish can be aggressive! and opaline and 3 spot gourami in my findings are aggressive to other gourami and smaller fish.
The pearl gourami should be a good choice

thank you, thought of angels more for daughter as she likes them but i love the pearls - single or a 2f/1m trio do you think?

if your tank will hold them then gourami are best kept in 2 or 3, with that ratio =)

Room for 3 pearl gourami or do you think we'd be best sticking at one?

your the best judge, watch your tank and see if you think 2-3 gourami would have enough room to keep to themselves if needed, if they do, then go ahead

Gouramis appreciate floating plants as hiding spots, so if you don't have any, and are still thinking of getting some pearls, I'd get some floaters. Easily found floating plants are "anacharis" also called "egeria densa" It can grow in the substrate, or it can be left to float - if floated in your tank, it will form a "mat" like structure as it grows from both ends of the stem and will even send out some side shoots and intertwine with other branches of the stuff - VERY EASY to care for... As in drop it into the tank and forget about it.

Most reactions

Back