Here Goes Nothing, Wish Me Luck :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Excellent pics LM, glad to see your posting again. Sure have had a lot of ups n downs since you started. Sorry to hear of the fish losses some nice fish you had there. Copperbands are my all time fav. just a pitty the come with so many issues.
Keep up the good work and BTW a FTS wouldn't go amiss.
Regards
BigC

Falcon Hawk Fish. *Vinny* short fuse and likes his own space..
SCF0033.jpg

Square spot Anthias. *Rainbow* large species about 4.5" long Stunning fish also known as "that b*oodby expensive godfish" by my hubby lol
013.jpg

017.jpg

035.jpg

032.jpg

Clowns.. 2 sadle backs male & female *Jack & Vera* and one common.

DSCF0026.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0356.jpg

CF0170.jpg

Spotted cardinal & male clown
024.jpg

Tank & Coral pics
End on..
DSCF0297.jpg

DSCF0303.jpg

Shrooms..
DSCF0379.jpg

SCF0061.jpg

Rock anemone. was about 1" when arrived now nearly 5" moved to substrate to keep away from corals :) I dont actualy feed him but he does well anyhow :)
DSCF0010.jpg

LOL. You have completly flipped LM since we last spoke "Fish with Names".
Nice pics once again I particularly like the Anthias. Where are you sourcing your fish from these days.
Regards
BigC

Excellent pics LM, glad to see your posting again. Sure have had a lot of ups n downs since you started. Sorry to hear of the fish losses some nice fish you had there. Copperbands are my all time fav. just a pitty the come with so many issues.
Keep up the good work and BTW a FTS wouldn't go amiss.
Regards
BigC

LOL Big C give me chance I was adding these while you where posting :rolleyes: Its taken me hours to uplaod this lot between photo bucket and worst of all You tube.. 12 hrs to get all the vids on :crazy:

Yup lots of learning along the way, but despite all ths issues I still love it and would continue on even after a total tank wipe out. Even now I still see things crawling around and growing on the rocks that werent there a week ago. I found a funny looking blue worm about 2" long the other night..lol Its totally fasinating and im hooked :) :shifty:

I dream of the day I will have a tank of that size and that good looking LM, maybe next year after the wedding when my partner leaves go of the purse strings :lol: , but yep that is absolutely stunning LM it really is one beautiful looking tank and all the hard work has really paid off sort of speak, thanks for sharing the pics with us all, it just goes to remind us all what can be achieved with a little hard work commitment {and lets not mention a lot of cash :rofl: } :good: :good: :good:

Sorry bout your fishy troubles LM, I feel your pain. Just mysteriously lost a Scotts Fairy Wrasse myself...

Your tank looks fantastic though, very clean and healthy :D

LOL. You have completly flipped LM since we last spoke "Fish with Names".
Nice pics once again I particularly like the Anthias. Where are you sourcing your fish from these days.
Regards
BigC

LOL I LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE my fish so why shouldnt they have names :)
I'm still getting my fish from the same place , though I believe it has now been sold on to a new owner.
Fish Shop ;)

Sorry bout your fishy troubles LM, I feel your pain. Just mysteriously lost a Scotts Fairy Wrasse myself...

Your tank looks fantastic though, very clean and healthy :D

Nothing worse than seeing something doing so well, then to go and have it die with no real explanation :(
Still waiting on your pics ski ;)

No problem. Unfortunately I also heard that his tank crashed awhile ago.. Something leaked and he didnt have enough RO water on hand so he filled it back up with tap saltwater. Something like that. But I think his cold water is still running and it's awesome. :)

My goodness just read your journal, what a journey you've had :crazy:

Love the Tank, really looking forward to seeing your new pictures :good:

Well its been a quite 6 months for the tank thank goodness . A Few deaths to report but i guess thats to be expected. Due to high phosphate levels Ive lost alot of corals and for the past 3 months have just concentrated on keeping things running well and the fish. What ever corals make it then all well and good :p The draw backs of running such a large tank without a sump, i was not able to set up a system to grow macros to help combat phosphates. I use an expensive additive in my external filter but even that wasnt enough to keep it down. The skimmer has run well with no issues and the fact the tank was supper low tech has been a real blessing as Ive had 3 months of bad health to contend with and would have no doubt lost the whole tank, as I wasnt well enough to keep on top as much as I would like. Ive just invested in a large 55ltr tub which will make water changes much easier and I can now do a larger volume at once. This will finally help to get the phosphate levels back to where they should be. All other stats have been very stable with nitrate levels been so low at times they have been undetectable. My RO unit is still working great ,at last test it was 9 which is great considering its been used for almost 2 years now with no filter/membrane change. I will however replace everything on it at the end of the year as a matter of course.
Fish... All in all everyone has been well with no issues what so ever. I lost scooter the blenny/dragonet a few weeks back which was really sad. He was fat and happy I think he just got old. I had him almost 2 years and the shop owner had him 6 months and he was full grown when she got him. So at about 4 years old he had a good life as anything over 2 is supposed to be good for these guys.
There have been a few strange fish disapperances ... 3 blue chromis vanished in one night...never found any boddies... Then the other day my 4" Mimic tang vanished.. I mean its 4 fliipin inches long..lol I moved as much rock work as I could but never found a body or bits of a body. A week latter still no sign :( All I can assume is that he got himself stuck under some rockwork at the very back of the tank and while trying to get out caused it to fall on him pinning him :( Horrible death but I just cant think of anything else as he was supper fit an healthy 12hrs earlier when I last fed him. Totally gutted and he was just starting to come into his adult colouration too.
I had a mass die out of most of my hermits... but after doing a bit of research at over 2 years these guys where infact a good age. they where all bought at the same time so them dying within a few month sof each other is not to be unexpexted. They have now been replaced with new ones and will add more after the next large water change.
Things in the tank havent changed much really, other than the rock colour which is now all the same. I had an outbreak of mini starfsh which where doing a scary job of eating all my coraline so ive had to drastic with them and caught almost one hundred of the little devils and just left a few in as they look quite cute and do also help keep the rock work clean.
My Red fire shrimp is still alive though I never see him..lol Only when I move rock work or catch a glimps of him in rock gaps do i know hes still with us. Sand sifting star is also very well with all arms intact, clearly getting enough nosh from the sand bed.
Pics...
SCF0122.jpg

SCF0082.jpg

SCF0011.jpg

DSCF0129.jpg

DSCF0073.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0041.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

Most reactions

trending