Help with plant id please.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

NickAu

Fish Connoisseur
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I got this plant and have no idea what it is.

gCiw3R1.jpg

It's doing well in a low light Betta tank with just 3 drops a week of Seachem Flourish comprehensive supplement once a week if I remember.

This is roughly the light level in my tank
Hyi03gD.jpg

If only I could find some of that while shopping. I hear it is less demanding than baby tears and mine aren't doing too hot lately :/

Oh no, stop! I keep going to all these pages selling plants and I just need to stop before I buy some. The glossostigma can be bought as seeds and I want to try it now...

Hello Nick, it doesn't look like dwarf baby tears... perhaps look into Monte Carlo? They are pretty similar.
http://aquariumplants.club/product/potted-monte-carlo-micranthemum-easy-carpet-aquarium-plant/

You are right D it is Monte Carlo.

in the low light you have, it would at least be growing UP not staying nicely trained along the substrate.
You gave me an idea, thanks.

I went to LFS today and got another bunch to try out as a floating carpet.

Yes I know I could have trimmed some of the plant on the bottom but I didnt want to, I want it to grow for now, it seems to be attaching itself to the wood if that turns out to be the case I want to try and train it to grow on the wood, that would look kool.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back