Help! What Do You Think Of My Blog? Is It 'normal'?

Carp4U

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello, well you may have seen my post back near Christmas where I wrote a huge essay and literally opened up to you guys exactly how I felt as I had just split up with my first girlfriend and I was in a mess. Since then things didn't get much better, they improved slightly but then we had another fall out recently and I ended up diagnosed with depression. Anyway- I have a habit of writing too much, so I'll do my best to keep things as small as I can. But although I'm feeling better now than I have done for 2 months, I still have unanswered questions and I'm not one to just forget about it and never know. So I'm going to open up to you guys again- I feel like I can trust you all and there's some lovely people on here with experience of what I've been through before.

My blog- the reason this is one of my questions, is that after we fell out my ex said that she's not going to read it again because I talk a load of #105###, I'm too specific, I'm just 'mountain talk' with no variation in life or anything else, and that I'm not normal because of that. I take myself too seriously and I've been told that by a few people, including her, oh and she thinks it's 'boring' and I'm not interesting. I love the outdoors, I have few close friends although I do generally get on with most people- but generally adults (which she thought was weird). I just like to have fun in different ways, instead of a mix of both, I just do my hobbies and do well in them. It just hurts me that she's said all that, because that's what I thought made me special and that's what I stand for. With my ex, she 'loves the outdoors' too but I made sure I did stuff we both enjoyed and I did put my attention into her. But what I'd like to ask is, what do you think of my blog, because it shows pretty much who I am, and you can determine whether I do take myself too seriously. I know what 16 year old girls can be like and everyone has told me that she's probably just saying that to hurt me, but I'd like other peoples opinions.

http://www.alexstaniforth2012.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2011-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2012-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=1

Advice/opinions + honesty please! :)

Ive not been on the forums for long bt i thought id give u a shout ive read your blog and i can honestly say for a 16 year old you've achieved sum pretty EPIC stuff!!When i was 16 i was well doing alot of things that werent exactly interesting.Now Im 24 and the highist thing ive climbed was the ladders into my loft! Let alone the 3 peaks!

You should be proud of your self! You obviously have shed loads of self motivation! I wish i could be motivated enough to even think about taking part in a marathon! I hope you've overcome your depression its a very trouble some thing altho it looks to me you have no problem focusing you self on another goal so you should be very proud of your self!

As for your ex if seems to me if she thinks like that she obviously so narrow minded she should be proud of the fact that she was with THE YOUNGEST PERSON TO COMPLETE THE THREE PEAKS CHALLENGE!!! :good:

A very big pat on the back from me!! :D

Hi Carp4U,
I remember the post you wrote around Christmas time. It seems you are doing better now, and I'm glad you have gotten some help.

You are ahead of most of your peers in your drive to achieve, and in your interest being part of these huge undertakings like climbing Mont Blanc. I think your idea of writing a blog about it is super! I wouldn't be surprised if, as you continue with your blog, you will see people become motivated by it to take part in something like that themselves.

You not only have passion for your hobbies but also a love for words and for writing! People who can use words to instill passion in others about something are very gifted indeed, and this gift could very well become your future job.

What your ex said about you taking yourself too serious should be: you are taking what others are saying/feel about you too serious. There is not one person in this world who is liked by everyone, there are people that "get" us, and there are people that don't. The people that don't "get" us can't possibly support us, it makes therefor no sense for you to listen to the opinion of your ex! (maybe she wants to hurt you, maybe she wants to make herself feel better about breaking up with you, maybe she is just too immature, maybe whatever.....it does not matter, she is no longer important to you on a personal level, wish her well and turn away!)

Focus on the things that bring you joy, and on the things that get you to where you want to go! Enjoy the now and don't live in the future (it will come no faster if you're impatient with yourself :) ). That is what will bring you inner peace! People who have this inner peace of accepting who they are and show the world the confidence they have within themselves become magnetic to others. You already have proven your confidence within you when you are taking part of things like marathons and such, I have no doubt you will soon be able to apply that confidence on a more personal level as well. Keep up with your blog, I would love to check in sometimes and see your progress! :rolleyes:

Just came across your post, would'nt normally comment but you seem like a good person. Going through your teen's is quite possibly one of the most difficult times (when growing up,and some of us never do :hyper:).

You seem like a honest, genuine person an i wish you the all the best for the future. It doesnt hurt to have hobbies or interest's, ive got many (photography, carp fishing hobbies that are pretty much considered boring lol) an through my (late) 20's ended up in the worst relationship in the world which pretty much destroyed my faith in people - but fast forward 6 or 7 years an ive settled down with a different girlfriend (the love of my life lol) and bought a house so i guess life does go on.

Times a great healer, and if it doesnt work out with this girl then in time you'll find one who will appreciate you for who you are - chin up bud in time everything will work out ok.

All the best Nick :good:

Ive not been on the forums for long bt i thought id give u a shout ive read your blog and i can honestly say for a 16 year old you've achieved sum pretty EPIC stuff!!When i was 16 i was well doing alot of things that werent exactly interesting.Now Im 24 and the highist thing ive climbed was the ladders into my loft! Let alone the 3 peaks!

You should be proud of your self! You obviously have shed loads of self motivation! I wish i could be motivated enough to even think about taking part in a marathon! I hope you've overcome your depression its a very trouble some thing altho it looks to me you have no problem focusing you self on another goal so you should be very proud of your self!

As for your ex if seems to me if she thinks like that she obviously so narrow minded she should be proud of the fact that she was with THE YOUNGEST PERSON TO COMPLETE THE THREE PEAKS CHALLENGE!!! :good:

A very big pat on the back from me!! :D

Thanks for the very kind words mate! I am proud of myself for sure but sadly I think I've got to the stage where I get cocky/full of myself about it, and I know girls don't like that- but if I don't love myself how can I love anyone else and make them happy? But yes, I'm motivated for sure. I beat my ex's dad in a half marathon by 7 minutes recently, and 250 places. That was fun, haha. I'm still in the depression as such because I feel a lot of guilt and regret, but if it wasn't for my hobbies I'd be even worse off.

Haha yes she was with a world record holder (she'd done the 3 Peaks herself though) but she said that I'm nothing special..

Hi Carp4U,
I remember the post you wrote around Christmas time. It seems you are doing better now, and I'm glad you have gotten some help.

You are ahead of most of your peers in your drive to achieve, and in your interest being part of these huge undertakings like climbing Mont Blanc. I think your idea of writing a blog about it is super! I wouldn't be surprised if, as you continue with your blog, you will see people become motivated by it to take part in something like that themselves.

You not only have passion for your hobbies but also a love for words and for writing! People who can use words to instill passion in others about something are very gifted indeed, and this gift could very well become your future job.

What your ex said about you taking yourself too serious should be: you are taking what others are saying/feel about you too serious. There is not one person in this world who is liked by everyone, there are people that "get" us, and there are people that don't. The people that don't "get" us can't possibly support us, it makes therefor no sense for you to listen to the opinion of your ex! (maybe she wants to hurt you, maybe she wants to make herself feel better about breaking up with you, maybe she is just too immature, maybe whatever.....it does not matter, she is no longer important to you on a personal level, wish her well and turn away!)

Focus on the things that bring you joy, and on the things that get you to where you want to go! Enjoy the now and don't live in the future (it will come no faster if you're impatient with yourself :) ). That is what will bring you inner peace! People who have this inner peace of accepting who they are and show the world the confidence they have within themselves become magnetic to others. You already have proven your confidence within you when you are taking part of things like marathons and such, I have no doubt you will soon be able to apply that confidence on a more personal level as well. Keep up with your blog, I would love to check in sometimes and see your progress! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the kind words Rummynose. I am doing better, but my mood is all over the place- one day I can be elated and the day after I'm sat in my room alone, avoiding contact with anyone. I literally cannot forget her. But being emotional/sensitive means I'll always dwell on things longer. Whereas she can easily forget and move on, and is out going, and carefree (like most people my age), and doesn't really care- that frustrates me.
I appreciate what you say about me having the drive and motivation, and I hope I do motivate others too. I'm grateful for being naturally good at writing. But it's not just my ex's opinion, I bother about, as much as I read quotations and try and follow them- I cannot help but care about what most people think of me in general- particularly girls. However I am opposed to peer pressure. I seem to get joy from being different and refusing to drink etc for no reason? Is that weird?

Thanks for the advice, I find that coming on Fishforums and asking people more experienced than myself who've been through a similar thing is the best cure. So thankyou- time will heal and my head is weighing up different sets of advice and trying to make sense of the whole situation but it'll get me there. After all, there's nothing wrong with asking for a little help/advice, is there?

Just came across your post, would'nt normally comment but you seem like a good person. Going through your teen's is quite possibly one of the most difficult times (when growing up,and some of us never do :hyper:).

You seem like a honest, genuine person an i wish you the all the best for the future. It doesnt hurt to have hobbies or interest's, ive got many (photography, carp fishing hobbies that are pretty much considered boring lol) an through my (late) 20's ended up in the worst relationship in the world which pretty much destroyed my faith in people - but fast forward 6 or 7 years an ive settled down with a different girlfriend (the love of my life lol) and bought a house so i guess life does go on.

Times a great healer, and if it doesnt work out with this girl then in time you'll find one who will appreciate you for who you are - chin up bud in time everything will work out ok.

All the best Nick :good:

Thanks for commenting Nick, I'm glad some of you did because I was eager to see what people had to say- it always makes me feel better. Thanks for the kind words. I can definitely agree with you that the teens isn't particularly the easiest time (not so far anyway!). I'm interested in photography and carp fishing too, they're not boring! :) It's whatever you enjoy really. I love lots of things, and my interests vary. Good to hear that life went on for you- I just hope it does for me, too, but the future looks very hazy at the moment. I don't trust myself not to make the same mistakes.

It definitely hasn't worked out with this girl which is a shame as she was amazing and seemed like we were perfect for each other, but now she wants no contact with me whatsoever after we had a fall out (due to her prank calling me). I keep being told I'll find a lovely girl who will appreciate my qualities, I just hope that's the case one day.

Cheers- all the best to you, too :nod:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back