Help! Sick Betta.

cyg54

Reaction score
I recently got a betta about a week ago and he was doing fine and then he started to lay on the bottom of his tank. He stopped patrolling it and he lost his appetite. Today is the third day that he hasn't had food. He is breathing heavily and rapidly. He has a weird white patch on his head and it looks like he is missing a scale. I'll try to include a picture.
20170530_151944 (2).jpg
He also doesn't seem to want to use one of his pectoral fins. His belly also looks a bit swollen. I thought that he had constipation and I gave him an Epsom salt bath and that's when I noticed the white patch and his lack of use of one of his pectoral fins. He is in a 10 gallon aquarium with a sponge filter and a heater. He also lives with a nerite snail. I lowered the water level to make it easier for him to breathe. I don't know if it's constipation or something else. Please help. The following water parameters are from me using the api freshwater master kit.
Temperature: 78 F
PH: 8.0 ( I live in an area with tap water that naturally has high ph levels)
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: 10-20 ppm (not sure if it's 10 or 20 because its hard for me to tell the difference between the two on the color chart)

Most reactions

Back