Help sexing green tiger barbs

Iturtzzz

Reaction score
Hi. I am trying to sex my green tiger barbs but I am struggling with this one. Any help would be really appreciated!

Attachments

• AC5E1376-F700-4D40-9FBF-73BC6AC7B11D.jpeg
    AC5E1376-F700-4D40-9FBF-73BC6AC7B11D.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 23
To me, that appears to be a fish with a problem - a balloon mutation. The deformity makes them harder to sex, and while opinions differ, I wouldn't worry about their sex. They shouldn't be bred, as the deformity is serious and possibly painful.

They're popular fish, and my view can be dismissed. I think, from its size, that it's a female.

To me, that appears to be a fish with a problem - a balloon mutation. The deformity makes them harder to sex, and while opinions differ, I wouldn't worry about their sex. They shouldn't be bred, as the deformity is serious and possibly painful.

They're popular fish, and my view can be dismissed. I think, from its size, that it's a female.
Wow thanks for all that information! I didn’t know that it had a mutation. I will definitely not be breeding this fish as I would hate to pass it on to the babies! The only reason I would be breeding fish is I have a 300L tank that I would only like to have fish I have bred in it. Thanks again for the info really helpful!

males get a red top lip when in breeding condition. outside of that there isn't much in the way of differences between males and females.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back