Help! New Marine Aquarium!

kkissler06

Reaction score
I just got my 55 gal fowlr system up and running fish and all 1 foxface fish 1 clown 1 chromi 1 red hawkfish 1 urchin and two or three snails. everyone seems to be doing well except my clown will not the leave the corner of the tank and i'm worried the foxface is bullying him. the hawkfish, foxface, and clown are all obsessed with their reflection i can't get them to move. there are not bite marks or anything like that it just seems like foxface follows clown EVERYWHERE. Also the urchin i came across because this lady didn't want it anymore and i didn't get the chance to speak with her. what the hell do i feed it? is there anything special i need to do with the urchin? also my brand new protein skimmer does nothing but overflow i did a R.O. water change, didn't help. still overflowing. what can i do?

First off :hi: Kissler to TFF and the salty side

It is normal for a clown to stay in one area, she is probably hosting something like the powerhead :blink: Can I ask, why you only have one clown?

Re: skimmer, we will need to know a little more, brand etc

Seffie x

Thank you for the warm welcome and also thank you for replying so quickly. My protein skimmer is a eshoppes hang on skimmer for a 75 gal tank. The fish came from an abandoned tank at a hotel that i stumbled across just as I had started cycling my own aquarium at home i plan on adding a shrimp and a few more chromis and maybe another clown if they do better in a group than alone.

Oh yes, do get another clown, buy a small juvie :good: they are so much nicer as a pair

Can we see some photos?

Seffie x

Most reactions

Back