Help my platies are droping

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

newbie hob

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hello everyone

three days ago my snowwhite platy started spending more time near the top, upon closer look he was shaking every other second, i checked the water parameters amonia 0 nitrit 0 nitrat .10 water temp @ 80 (27c) i took him out to a hospital tank with 82 water temp, some salt and melafix, and did a 35% water change to the main tank today he was dead in the hospital tank.

my marbel platy started doing the same thing this morning, staying at the top and shaking every few seonds. she is still a bit active but not as usual. readings are the same. Should i move her out to a small jar and medicate her with something else than the melafix because my hospital tank is occupied by a guppy with ich,

Can someone please tell me what is going on???? :(

Does the gill area look red and inflamed.

A few things,high nitrites can cause this, gill parasites which is gill flukes, irratation to meds, old age.

no the gills seem to be normal.

the only thing that is not normal is that it shivers every other second, and when it swims the whole body moves not the tail as the rest, sometimes it stands in the middle of the water head up and stays like that for a minute or so, until one of the other platies goes and nocks her to move. :/

Is the tummy swollen and can it maintain it's balance in the water.

Most reactions

Back