HELP!!! MY fRIENDS DANIO!!!!

platyperson

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My friends zebra danio has a patch of fungus on her back and chest.
All water params are about 0 nitrate is a tiny bit higher.
it is in a 5 gallon tank with two other zebra danios.
Ph is 7
And temperature is about 70F
She has melafix, I need help, QUICK :unsure:

50% water change, SLOWLY raise the temp to 80-82F
Follow the instructions on the melafix bottle to the letter.

when danio is cured rehome to a tank larger than
10 gallons and get more.
no wonder the poor thing is ill.

I say this far too often, danios are schooling fish and need more than 10 gallons
due to their level of activness. they also need to be in groups of 5 or more to keep their aggression down.

The-Wolf said:
I say this far too often, danios are schooling fish and need more than 10 gallons
due to their level of activness.
Hello, I am the friend with the sick fish, who just registered here.

If you were in my spot, you wouldn't be able to get a bigger tank, because your mother still has control over you. -_-

Kameira said:
If you were in my spot, you wouldn't be able to get a bigger tank, because your mother still has control over you. -_-
If i were in your spot, with your current situation;
I'd take the fish back to the lfs, when it is healthy again.

IMHO the only fish that can be healthily kept in your tank is a betta.

Oh no, this stuff isn't a fungus. It's her scales! HER SCALE ARE PINECONING?!! WHY?!!!
IS IT DROPSY?!! :unsure: WHAT DO I DO?!

Not very much thats the later stage of the disease, then death.....

Lynz781 said:
Not very much thats the later stage of the disease, then death.....
Sadly there is nothing you can do now, it might be best if you issolate the fish if you can, sorry.

Kameira said:
Well, that's kind of hard to do when the LFS won't take them back. Hmm?
Most of us have gone through this once, but you got to understand that the danios can not live this way. They will stress themselfs out so much that they'll get ill, and then die. The chances of your other 2 danios surviving the next coming months to a year are slim. They're very hardy fish, but not when the condititions they're in are the opposit of everything they need. Seeing as platyperson seems to be a real life friend, cant he/she take them for you and house them properly so you can use the tank for a betta instead? Also, I'm quite sure if you'd put them on the internet to give them away, someone would come and pick them up so they can have a longer/healthier life. Sorry hon, it just had to be said this way.

Most reactions

Back