help me plz

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

ladym66

Reaction score
hi got a new aquarium 10 days ago. left it for 7 days before introducing fish in. last nite one of the fish had a red worm like thing!! hanging from its underside. after a few hours it dropped off. can anyone tell me what this could be

Sounds like he/she was just going to the loo :lol: . Seriously though, is the fish behaving differently or showing any symptoms of illness?

its was a very long red worm!!!! its ok now but was swimming near the bottom for a bit but seems to have perked up now!!!! am i just being paraniod!!!!! i feel a bit daft now if it was just that but i am all new 2 this!!!!! :look:

Nothing to worry about..... unless you saw the worm actually moving off :) What did you feed the fish? Something red colored?

As your tank is very new, you should take care of the water quality. Please read the pinned articles on Cycling the tank.

yea it has had some red flakes!!!!!! lolololol im feeling daft now :drool:

if it was a red worm it sounds like a blood worm but i duno how it could of got there unless you put it in there for the fish to eat. my fish mostly the rummy noses love blood worm and its a brilliant food. :D

Hi :) ,

i have answered thsi one for you in the newbie section too!

must admit I did have a wee little giggle at your expense :*) :D

steve

ok ok lololol i no im being daft now lololol i just was scared as i didnt fancy flushing him down the loo afta only 2 days lolololol

Most reactions

Back