Help me plant my tank!! :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

r0b3y

Reaction score
hey there.. i have recently brought a 3ft fish tank.. before i put in my hardy fish to help the cycle i would like to finish the plants off so they can stay and mature during the process.. i have anubias and vals already in there i was wondering what else i should add.. my tube is 30w..
here is some picture.. its still really empty:
IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

unless you are going to upgrade your lights and remove the undergravel filter.. I would recomend you add some more Java fern some more anubias, low light plants..

I like to cycle my tanks with a few hardy fish, like mollys ( since they are also algae eaters ) and no lights. Then once the cycle is complete, I add the plants, as much as possible with some SAE or ottos. if you dont want the mollys remove them before planting. for the first 3 weeks I dont feed them anything so they would find any algae that starts growing.. thins way there is no mini cycle due the added bioload as the plant helps the filter a bit and nso feeding also creates min waste

once you have the tank planted and algae under controll you can start adding the fish you like to the tank

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back