Help me identify this?

He changed his original post to “never mind wrong forum.”
White “fungus” that grows in the dark, was, as I had believed, Cyanobacteria. As identified by one of my wife’s coworkers at the university, down to a probable species. It CAN grow in what we perceive as darkness and can thrive there given a lack of competition. The white color is common for many Cyanobacteria’ matrix. It was not likely toxic. Cyanobacteria lives everywhere, regardless of photosynthesis. This was probably extracting sugars from the wood. I adjusted my nitrogen (from zero) and increased flow around the wood and it’s 100% gone.

Sorry I got frustrated. The wrong tree was being up barked.

This link expired so I’m not sure which article it is (bream in china?) but I did find a researcher and requested a couple documents from her. Turns out I don’t have access to the journal of animal behavior but I do have researchgate.

At any rate, what I have read about is the behavioral markers of stressed fish. But I won’t draw any conclusions till I can get a decent meta analysis.

Please know that we're a nice bunch of folk around here, for the most part we all get on well and have a lot of fun. Some of us have formed strong friendships over many years here and we respect each other....no one is out to get you 👍🏻 we love to educate and learn from each other. Thanks for sticking around. Please share some full tank photos with us :fish:

Use Google search and type in the name of this study, it will give you the researchgate link.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back