Help! Honey Gourami, 2 Spots Above Mouth

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rhako

Reaction score
My Honey Gourami has some white spots on her upper lip/nose area, that I believe recently appeared. My cories just spawned many infertile eggs, so I'm not sure if it's fungal. The water quality is pretty good at 0;0;10~. The temperature is around 80 due to hot weather right now. I've done a little research so far, but nothing looks similar. Its only two white dots, not a strip and it hasn't spread anywhere, YET. I really don't want this to spread :( Pictures were hard to get, but let me know if you need more.

Thanks in advance

dsc00596-jpg.467994
dsc00595-jpg.467995

How long has the tank been set up for?

Have you checked the water quality for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & pH?
If yes, what were the results?

How long have you had the fish for?

What else is in the tank?

Have you added any new fish or plants during the last 2 weeks?

---------------------------
It could be bruising from the fish swimming into something and damaging the lip.
It could be fungus that has infected the damaged tissue.
It could be Columnaris.

If you have added new fish or plants in the last 2 weeks they might have introduced Columnaris into the tank. This is a bacterial infection that spreads across the face and jaw extremely rapidly and usually kills the infected fish within a few days of the white lips appearing.

If the gourami has had the white lips for a few days and it has not become worse, and you have not introduced anything new during the last 2 weeks, then it is unlikely to be Columnaris.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back