Help, Guppy very quiet and swimming in the bottom of the tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Ive never kept platies as I prefer guppies. I call them mini Betta fish because they have long fins, eat like pigs, and are full of personality. If you have an LFS they tend to take much better care of their fish than the big box stores so if you give the platies away and can't find a person a LFS will be good.

If you buy the salt make sure you don't have any shrimp or snails of any kinds, salt is toxic to them.
ahh yeah, i have snails !!! thanks for letting me know.
Sorry, what is LFS? :)

To be honest i prefer Guppies too... my boyfriend was the one bringing the platies home... and i kinda grew attached to them now!.

Sorry, what is LFS? :)

To be honest i prefer Guppies too... my boyfriend was the one bringing the platies home... and i kinda grew attached to them now!.
AHHHH i see... local fish store :) yes, i do have a local fish store. Also i am part of a facebook page where people sometimes give away baby fishes locally, whic is also good :).

shrimp and snails are fine with salt as long as you don't overdose.

In a 35cm cube tank, you can't have too many fish because there isn't a lot of surface area (length x width). Maybe 3 or 4 male guppies and some shrimp or snails and that would do it. You would have to watch the guppies and if any get bashed, remove them.

If the tank was 60cm long x 30 wide you would have a lot more options.
clearly in the fish shop they were trying to sell me the most fish possible... That's saddening.. I will probably get a bigger tank soon and maybe keep this small one as a Hospital tank

You could probably put the snails in a large vase or Tupperware for the snails with some sand, food (algae wafers) and decor for the time being if you are doing salt. Make sure to only do the salt for 2 weeks, and no longer than 4 weeks since it can start to cause kidney problems by then.

What kind of snails are they?

Most reactions

Back