Help! Fish won't move fin

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Froggy717

Reaction score
So it's my sons tank but guess who's stuck taking care of them! ( me) lol anyways I first started 2 female guppies and one male guppie. The females both were pregnant one only having one fry and the other only having one. Separated the fry from the adults and got the adults a bigger tank. ROOKIE mistake I didn't get a bubble rock and pump for the bigger tank and my male died :( realizing it was the O2 level in the tank I got them the pump and a "stress" relief liquid they told me to put in the tank. I also got one more female and one more male. The females I started with quickly got better. They had only been hanging out at the top and then started wandering their new tank probably within hours. That was two days ago. Noticed my (new females) tail was missing like literally missing. Took her out of the tank and now I'm realizing the new males fin is stuck to its side. IM LIVID. I think the place I got them from might have a case of fin rot. I'm going to call them tomorrow. And hopefully they'll be able to tell me something about what do to as in returning or refund. My two female fish I started off with are way bigger so I'm hoping they'll be able to survive if I treat their water. Any advice on what I should get? I'm only a beginner so layman terms pleased lol. I do 20% water changes every week if not week and a half and I also use a water conditioner when I change the water.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

If the tank has been set up for less than 1 month then the issue is probably water quality (ammonia and nitrite). The best thing to do is a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate each day for a week. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

Get the water tested for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & pH and post the results (in numbers) here.

Post some pictures of the fish too.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back