HELP! Angel Fish are dying!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

foxykat

Reaction score
Hello,

I am having a problem with my Fresh Water Angle fish! I had 2 Angels in a 10 Gallon Tank with a plecko for 2 weeks, then Bought a 44 Gallon and put them in there. I checked all the water levels before putting them in and they were perfect, even now they are perfect! Then 4 days ago I bought a Paradise Garami and 4 other Angels. They seemed to be doing fine at first! But yesterday I found a fish dying in the tank, and quickly took it out to qauritined it. It died within minutes! And it appered to have no physical signs of why it died. About 1 hour later. Another fish Started to die! But it was one of my old Angels. It took it almost 12 hours do die. But what I noticed after it died, was a big white Puff bubble on its back tils by the fin, and it had looked like something popped it cause you could see its flesh! It looked like a cyst or something! And now today, my other old angel is not eating, and has the same looking cyst on the back part by the tail! I have not clue what it is and what to do? Could it be a health Problem that is spreading, or maybe another fish is killing them? I do not understand! PLEASE HELP! I can't see another one die~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 44 gal, how long has it been set-up and cycled ?

also 6 angels in a 44 is over stocked the new fish may have carried something in to the new tank with them, some fish can be sick and seem ok, others cannot..

sadly from what you typed it looks like the new fish are the problem, did you quaratine them before putting them in the new tank ??

What are your water parameters? I want exact values for pH, ammonia, nitrIte and nitrAte please. Also, have you noticed any aggression between the fish? Any nipping - particularly by the paradise? Does the white 'cyst' look fuzzy or is it very small like a grain of salt? It could be a bacterial or fungus infection or it might be ich (in which case I can't see how it could have 'popped' though. It may also just be a cyst but that wouldn't be ifnectious so it doesn't make sense for it to have been passed from one fish to the next. Also, don't add any more fish t this tank - don't replace the two dead angels. The fish that isn't eating will probably die. Out of curiosity (and concern), what has become of the pleco and what kind of plec was it?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back