Help 2229 Eheim Wet/dry Filter Dont Have A Clue How It Works

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Wanda hornsey

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
When I got my tank set-up 2nd hand I got what I have now discovered to be an Eheim wet/dry 2229 filter well I used common sense (bad idea :-( ) and thought it was working fine (it was set up as it had been when we got given it) well it now seems that I have got it all screwed up and its not really working. :crazy: I dont have a manual for it and Eheim dont have one for this model that can be downloaded :/ I have just spent well over an hour searching the internet for one and the best I can find has NO pictures or diagrams and its talking about things I have never heard of :sad:
Can any one who has one of these filters help me in anyway :*) I just have a huge problem and cant seem to fix it on my own as you can see from the pic below its going to be hard to try and get the bottom of the filter less than 120cm below the top of the water.... :-( :-( :-( I am tearing my hair out here any help at all welcome
FishPics041.jpg

thats a credit card on the front of the tank to give you some idea of size...oh and its no use asking the guy we got it from as he had even less of a clue about any of it than we have :*) and also doesnt have the manuals

ps It does have a built in filter system as well but its not man enough for the tank thats why it needs 2 :)

If you can't get the filter bottom closer to the top of the water then you are never going to get it to work happily.

It's basically trial and error getting the height right so that the pressure gets the wet dry cycle going without popping seams or spitting water out the breather tube.

:no: :no: :no: so then ...if its sucking water in and putting water out continually but not "pulsing" the water in and out is it actually doing anything? I mean by that is it filtering?

Thank you Inchworm :flowers:
still not working fully - "pulsing" but water goes in and comes out I assume its sort of filtered :-( any ideas on this?

wonder where I can get the adapter thing it talks about for a different height for 120cm...hohummmm better google in lunch hour I guess :look:

Hi Wanda,

I'm afraid I can't come up with any more suggestions since I've never used that brand of filter, but I can move your thread over to the Hardware section where someone else might be able to give you some more advice. :D

Hiya Wanda,

Having exactly the same problems with mine (at least people replyed to you post lol), think mine is to high though....

It DOES filter without the wet dry function by the way... Just not as effective....

I could send you a pdf of my destructions if you want? Not much help though....

Thanks paul that might help :D

I am really thinking of getting a 2nd hand eheim to replace it tho and use that for a hospital tank...its so anoying isnt it.

Most reactions

trending

Back