hello

schoolfish

Reaction score
Hi! Im in southern CA and I have an Oscar in my 7th grade science classroom. Someone called me at 11:30 at night and said they were going to "flush him" because they were going on vacation the next day, unless someone wanted him. So i adopted my fish from the bottom of a 5 gallon trashcan where he lay on his side, barely submerged! He lived through the night and has for several years, which is amazing due to my lack of info at the outset!
Im glad to have found this site!

Welcome to the forums :D I'm sure you'll love it here and good on you for recusing that fish :flex:

Welcome to the forum schoolfish :)

Glad to hear you rescued the oscar and I bet he's glad too!

edited for bad spelling :/

LOL! No, he is not still in the can! :lol:
Im a 7th grade bio teacher - he is in my classroom, which has its own inherent difficulties but I think overall its worth it for the kids who really take an interest in him and in fish & other animals in general.
Earlier this year a kid accidentally dropped a ball point pen in there (the oscar bit it, apparently). The whole school was on a rampage to find the "criminal" who tried to kill the fish. When he heard about it, the kid confessed immediately and was very concerned. He is now one of the biggest fish fans I know!
Its extra work to have the tank @ school, but it really gets the kids interested and they are amazed (as i have been) at how much personality he has!
kts

Poor oscar that would be a horrible death being flushed :no:
Welcome Teacher :nod:

Oscars = Very personable fish.

I've yet to meet somebody that has actually "met" an oscar that hasn't loved them.`

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back