hello .. im new to this site and have a question.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wolfiek9

Reaction score
hello .. im new to this site and have a question. i have a 150 gallon tank with 2 10' oscars and 3 12' plecs im looking at getting a shovlenose catfish so has any one keept thease fish together be4 will thay get on ok ps gr8 forum if u could leave a reply that would be gr8 ty

Hi. Nice big tank you have there. In answer to your question, I can't see any reason why most catfish sholdn't be ok with oscars and plecs. Haven't kept a shovelnose but they sound nice. Let us know how you get on.

a Tiger Shovelnose, perhaps? are you prepared to own a 3' long catfish, i.e. do you have a 500+ gallon tank or pond ready?

eventually, the Tiger Shovelnose would be so big as to eat your oscars. i'd go with what the profile says and leave this particular species alone.

--EDIT--
or is this your Shovelnose? a lovely fish that would be probably do well against oscars... be sure to provide hiding spots/tunnels for it (or them!) to escape to if the oscars get aggressive. CFC would be your best resource, seeing as how he wrote the book ;) Since he almost NEVER looks in the Beginner's section, you might want to repost in Catfish or pm him directly with your question.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back