Hello from Landover Maryland

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

monty671

Reaction score
Hello all

I have been into fish for about 8 years.

Down to just 7 tanks now. Sold a few recently.

Will be looking for more LARGE tanks after the new year.
Already have two 75 gal tanks but fell that these are to small for what I want to do.

If I had my way I would have over 1000 gal tank. But don't think the wife will let me go that big. Guess I will have to settle for about 275 gal.

Monty qcetech.com

Welcome to the forums!

Large tanks are a pleasure, though a big upkeep, but it appears that you know what you're doing :D

Welcome to the forums - looks like you have some experience under your belt so I hope that you can help answer some of the other member's questions...

ALASKA

I forgot to list just what I have.

My wife taks care of the fish and plants. I tank care of the tanks, filters and the rest.

I have traded out a lot of the larger fish lately. We will be moving in about three months and everything will change when I set up again. This is the least amount of fish (and cheap) in over four years.

The wife has added some cheap feeder fish lately to keep the tanks busy. That way she wont be so sad if we lose some during the move. At our local fish store, when they get there new shipments they let her pick and choose what she wants because of all the business we do.

I have found as many already know. Size does matter. The bigger the tank the less you have to do. Not that I am lazy but I have better things to do than clean tanksall day long. Small tanks take much more work and time.

All tanks have back-up power in case of power loss. They last about 30 hours during the last test.

Hopefully I will have this all up along with picture on my website by next friday (Sept 1). QCETECH.COM

And to think this all started because my brother-inlaw gave my daughter the 10 gal Hex tank.

Monty 671

Total
62 fish + 1 frog
275 Gallons + 45 gallon water reserve for change outs.

> 10 gal hex planted with Java ferns
6 sarassa comets
2 shubunkin goldfish

> 75 gal planted with Java fern on worm wood
3 Moonlight gromi's
4 corry cats 3 aeneus, 1 albino
2 ryukin goldfish
1 large plecostomus (common)
5 sarassa comets
3 shubunkin goldfish
1 upsidedown catfish

> 10 gal palnted with mondo grass and water wisteria