Hello fish friends. I am new to the group. My name is Elle.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

elle112

Reaction score
Hello all. just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to the forum and new to aquarium life. currently with a 5 gallon tank and 2 pregnant fish. 1 guppy and 1 platy. 6 adults total and 2 fry that are about 3 weeks old.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

do you have any plants in your tank?

I have 2 artificial plants. and I have river type rocks not gravel. lots of rock hiding places.

I have 2 artificial plants. and I have river type rocks not gravel. lots of rock hiding places.
I tried to take a good pic of the guppy I believe is going to give birth soon.

Attachments

• 1523919940667-158337394.jpg
    1523919940667-158337394.jpg
    609.3 KB · Views: 236
Hello all. just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to the forum and new to aquarium life. currently with a 5 gallon tank and 2 pregnant fish. 1 guppy and 1 platy. 6 adults total and 2 fry that are about 3 weeks old.
Hi and welcome to the forum. :hi:

You need to upgrade to at least a ten gallon tank pronto. The larger the better. Five gallons is suitable for only one fish like a betta, really. If you have breeding guppies you will need room for all the fry.

You need to upgrade to at least a ten gallon tank pronto. The larger the better. Five gallons is suitable for only one fish like a betta, really. If you have breeding guppies you will need room for all the fry.
I am sure then that I have more than a 5 gallon tank.

I am sure then that I have more than a 5 gallon tank.
it's about 20 inches long and 15 high. about 10 liters. if not more. it doesn't seem overcrowded even with my 6 adults and my 2 fry that are 3 weeks young lol.

to work out the volume of water in the tank:
measure length x width x height in cm.
divide by 1000.
= volume in litres.

when you measure the height, measure from the top of the substrate to the top of the water level.

there is 3.785 litres in a US gallon, and 4.5 litres in a British gallon. I wish you folks would use litres :)

to work out the volume of water in the tank:
measure length x width x height in cm.
divide by 1000.
= volume in litres.

when you measure the height, measure from the top of the substrate to the top of the water level.

there is 3.785 litres in a US gallon, and 4.5 litres in a British gallon. I wish you folks would use litres :)
We prefer gallons here in the good ol' U S of A

so it's a 10 gallon tank. (using the calculator on site) maybe this is why my pregnant guppy won't give birth. I have 7 adult fish and 2 little guppies that survived the last birth. the water is fine level ect...and they seem to have enough room. but what do I know I'm a human in a large apartment .lol

what are your concerns?
a 10 gallon tank is big enough to keep and breed guppies and platies. Altho you will have to move some out when the numbers increase. But right now the tank is not over crowded if you have 10 gallons of water.

Livebearers are pregnant for about 1 month (at a temp of 25-26C) and will give birth when they are calm and relaxed and nothing is stressing them out. Have lots of plants in the tank and feed them well, and do regular water changes and they will give birth when they are ready.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back