Hello Everyone!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

OK, I dont think I can fit anything larger than 15.8 gal (59.8L).. that's for you Ros :)

So this is what I'm thinking.. best bang for my buck:

http://www.petsmart.com/supplies/aquariums/national-geographic-trade-aqua-oasis-starter-kit-zid36-21384/cat-36-catid-300065?var_id=36-21384&SelectionCacheKey=15.8+Gal%7CBlack+%26+Clear%7C

Or

http://www.petsmart.com/supplies/aquariums/national-geographic-trade-aqua-oasis-starter-kit-zid36-21384/cat-36-catid-300065?var_id=36-21384&SelectionCacheKey=15.8+Gal%7CBlack+%26+Clear%7C

What's ur thoughts on these?

I like the filter system on the National geographic because it has the Bio material and not those cartridges like the whisper filter.

Right now I don't have a table for a 20gal but Pet smart is having a sale tomorrow so I may consider it if its a good price.

I'm really hoping when I go into work tomorrow my fish are alive :(

I'm want to get the tank tomorrow and get it running for a couple days before I switch out the fish.
I will place the filter material and water into the new tank.

Turbo looks huge! Amazing colouring too!

I'll have to measure for sure but 24" wide is prob the Max I would want which I see now the 20 gal is only taller than the 15

When I got the fish I placed the bag I'm the tank for approx 30mins. I got busy with customers and couldn't finish until then.
I then scooped them out of the bag with a net and placed them in one at a time. I did notice them panting before I put them in tho.
I thought maybe there wasn't enough oxygen left in the bag.

Let me know your thoughts,

Chat tomorrow

Glad you like Turbo :D

You linked the same two tanks, did you mean to? I like that one
smile.png
You may want a different filter but I'm not sure as I've never had internal filters before.

You can use whatever you want for your filter anyways, you don't have to use cartridges even if it comes with them. I like to use THIS as I can cut it to fit whatever I need.
smile.png

Running it for a few days won't do much except ensure the equipment is working so you may want to hold off on moving the fish and follow THIS or you want to move them with the filter media and do a fish-in cycle since keeping them in the smaller tank that isn't cycled isn't a great alternative
confused.gif
Either way it'd be best if you can get a liquid test kit. API master test kit is a popular one.

Ahh, so you just acclimated them to the temperature. It's best to add some of your water to the bag over time so they can get used ot your water.
Or you can drip acclimate which isn't necessary but I do it with all my fish because I'm paranoid.

To drip acclimate you'd use a bucket and airline tubing. One end of the tubing goes into your tank and the other into the bucket with the fish.
You suck on the end to get the water started dripping and you tie knots in it to get it to drip at the rate you want.

Thanks carmstrong and Gruntle I'm easily confused! lol
The tank in your link looks very similar to the Marina 60 I've got in dimensions tho mine came with a HOB filter which I didn't like so I swapped it for the Fluval 1 (from the tank I was upgrading) which is ample for the actual amount of water in there. That price looks good too it's about half what most places are asking for new - I think mine would be almost £100 here in UK now tho I got mine 2nd hand from eBay.
Good luck with the new tank - hope you manage to find a suitable stand for it.
Turbo is HUGE, Mariah!!!! Did you say he's an Elephant snail? (Can't look back without losing this so forgive my laziness! lol)

(ASIDE: has spell-checker been removed? Mine doesn't seem to work and I can't find it now)

Sorry for the double post. It was the same tank just two different sizes that you can choose between 15.8g and 20g.

I was up until 1am thinking about this tank so I probably wasn't posting well anyway. Lol

I was researching if I wanted to buy a tank and lid and then just get the remaining components that I prefer.
I'll look today and see what is online and tonight go shopping.
If I can save and buy a stand as well then I'll be all set.

I like the Fluval filters, that's one thing I liked about the edge. All the others just look cheap.

I feel like I'm building a desktop computer here with a this research. Haha!

Thanks guys for this advice, it's been a rocky ride to owning a fish tank but I would rather do it right.

Hopefully tonight I can get one set up and help my little fishies.

Now to get ready for work and see if they made it overnight.

Chat soon!

Ok guys, here's the "kit" which is what I can afford atm.

Let me know what you think?

Heater: Aqueon 50W

Filter: Aquaclear Power Filter

Stand: TopFin 10Gal Stand

Aquarium: Topfin 10Gal Hooded Aquarium

The filter is the same as what I have therefore I can just exchange the filter media easily. 

I spend an extra $20 and I get a stand. Thankfully I already have all the rest of the accessories, gravel etc. 
They even have a sale on today so I may even save $5! lol

Let me know your thoughts, i'm hoping to get this today
smile.png

Thanks for all your help!

~ C

They look fine carmstrong, tho I'm not sure the tank will be big enough for your cardinals - or have you decided to return them?

He's a mystery snail Mamashack :) I got him last summer I think or perhaps it was in the fall from WildBetta. He's grown so much :wub:

I personally prefer buying the different parts of the tank cause kits don't always have the best things and then you end up spending more money to replace stuff..but you do have spare equipment! :)

I prefer the first tanks you linked, they seemed..sleek C: And of course they had more volume which is always good. I think mamashack is right on the 10g not being big enough for the cardinals. I hate being negative :(

There are lots of lovely things you can do in a 10g though, if you return the cardinals. Some things you may want to order online though.
Or if you keep them it is not like we're going to bash down your door or something. We just want you to know what's best for the fish :)

THIS site shows they need a 60x30cm tank minimum which would be ~24x12" and that 10g is only 20.25x10.5"

Alright, you've convinced me... 

For the extra $10 I can get the 15.8gal and a stand. 
If they have these in stock, lol
Poor Employees at PetSmart have been ver patient with me, lol

I'll let you know once I have this setup and I have pics!

Ciao!

:lol: Yay! Hopefully they have it in stock. Can't wait to see pics~

They did!

I bought the National Geographic 15.8 gallon (59.8L) starter kit and a TopFin black laminate cabinet!

I will be assembling tomorrow and will definately be posting pictures soon!

This way I can keep my Cardinals and maybe get a few more!

Ttyl!

Wonderful! Hope Hobart likes his new place :D

That's good news! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Well! The tank is all set up :)

Here's some pics!
http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag244/carmstrong175/0F45E2BC-AB68-4D69-845D-0F7F2C769DE2_zpseqnxxjjz.jpg

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag244/carmstrong175/96651B28-A775-425E-A71A-9CA260FFECEA_zpsyqyf36sj.jpg

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag244/carmstrong175/AF41C3BC-DAA9-406E-BD7E-255E683214C2_zpslppntbdf.jpg

Tank is running well, everyone seems happy so far!
I added a lot of the bacteria and biological material from the old tank so I'm hoping that it will be stable.

Hoping to pick up 5 more tetras today.
I lost one the day after I got it, so I'm going to get another at the pet store.

Going to do some research and see what else will work with this tank and how many more fish I can add to it.

Chat soon!

I wouldnt buy more fish until the tank becomes settles, tetras arent very good cycling fish, besides that it looks lovely make sure ammonia doesnt spike ok.

If those plannts are java ferns then dont plant the rhizome or else the leaves will melt away, i would tie them to something above gravel.

Tank is looking good. I agree with Saw on both counts. You can tie the java fern to rock or driftwood but burying their rhizome will kill them.

Would hold off on any more fish for a week or so, keep testing to make sure you catch any spikes since you are doing a fish-in cycle unfortunately.
If you know anyone else with a tank you can take some filter media from their tank and it will help you a lot :)

Most reactions

Back